S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I'm new to the forum...i had some old pics lying around of my s10

I've changed the look slighty though...the fog lights are now inside the grill, so they're flush, and are next to each head light...i had to take the grill off to mount them...what a bitch-a-roony-doony

I'm not so much into "pimping" trucks...i'm more of an off-road kind of guy. The way i see my truck? TOO LOW TO THE GROUND-LOL. I wish i could at least get the rear up a couple inches...i put anything more than a thumb tack in the back and it sags more an old bar maid-lol

I heard i could install shackles at the bolts for the leafs springs to kick it up a few inches...it this true? is it easy to do?

also... i have bench seats in my truck, and i'm 6 foot 3. The bench seats are getting a little beat at 62,000 miles, and i was wondering if a bucket seat lifted would help my legs. Im really tall, and leg room is a bitch when it comes to the s10...if only the seat was mounted up a little higher i would have tons of leg room...is that possible?

Thanks everyone....enjoy the pics!

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only one problem...the axle is mounted above the leaf springs...if i add a leaf, wouldnt it lower the truck a bit? or is the actual curve of the extra leaf going to keep the truck up higher?

·
Alsek Spring & Fab Ltd.
1,230 Posts
SMNW2003 said:
Adding a leaf will lift it as well shackles. You could also use blocks. Got side pics before we make a judgement? :D

He said that the axle was on top of the leafs. adding a block would lower the truck in the rear. adding a leaf would do the same as well.

·
AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME
2,031 Posts
you can get a flip kit so that the axle will now be mounted under the leaves, that will lift you pretty high though, should lift you approx. the height of the axle housing, plus the thickness of your leaf spring pack, so thats probably like 3-4 inches. might look kinda funny. if its 2wd you could probably get a lift spindle for up front then you'd probably be cool. or you could just do a body lift all around

·
Registered
726 Posts
I dont think he really wants to off road the truck
he said he wants to be able to put at least a little weight in the back without it sagging

my suggestion
helper leaves
or
air shocks

also explain how adding a leaf to the truck would lower it
if that was the case then if you were to remove a leaf from the stock leaf pack would that lift the truck I dont think so

if you add a leaf it may make the wheels sit closer to the frame by maybe a 1/4-1/2 inch but the increase in spring rate will more than make up for that difference

another suggestion is ask around on here for someone with a V6 ex cab and originally had the Z85 susp pkg and see if you can buy theyre stock leaf springs they have an extra leaf compared to your truck and it will give you another 1.5" of lift in the rear not to mention a good bit more cargo capacity

1 - 17 of 17 Posts