S-10 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok Im gettin kinda annoyed with my transmission!!! I can be driving down the road, Lets say like 20-30 mph just as if i was starting out. 2nd gear im guessin around 15, and then here's the problem, After this it constantly shifts into a higher gear, and my rpm's drop. and im goin slow as hell down the road. Then of course give it a little more gas to get it going, and and it drops into passin gear , well for like 2 seconds, and then boom right back into the same gear, going slow again!!( it does this in both overdrive and in regular drive) What is causing this??? Ive swapped the camaro 3.1 into my blazer (engine wise) and used the blazer tranny, I was wondering if maybee a camaro transmission would work if i just had the tail shaft changed so it would bolt up back there. Orrrrrr Just Make it A 5-Speeed and forget all about the dam automatic, and shift myself. Does anybody know what the problem is here, Or what all I would need to do to convert to a 5-speed... like parts wise, tranny wise ect.. if any 1 can help i'd appreciate it...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts