S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a manual 98 s-10 and it looks as if the rear left or the whole left side is leaning. anyone have these porblems? I was thinking of when i lower it it put 3 inch springs up front an 1 3 inch block in the left and 1 4 inch block on the right. Do you think this will work?

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
to fix it i cut the sway bar end link on the right side the amount that it sat higher then the left side and it fixed the problem perfectly!:thumbup:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how do you do that?

·
Bass Junkie
76 Posts
Cuttin the sway bar link thingy

Hey Mighty Mouse....I am attempting to cutt the sway bar link to level my rig out tonight. I have already removed the link. For s..ts and giggles I removed the other one to see if that made a difference..guessing it was the one side which was causing the other to be higher...anyways.... what exactly does the cutting do?? Does it force the other side to be lowered since the left side link is taller? Just wondering before I start hacking away shtuff! Thanks man!:thumbup:

·
2,186 Posts
Re: Cuttin the sway bar link thingy

LiQuIdSlEd said:
Hey Mighty Mouse....I am attempting to cutt the sway bar link to level my rig out tonight. I have already removed the link. For s..ts and giggles I removed the other one to see if that made a difference..guessing it was the one side which was causing the other to be higher...anyways.... what exactly does the cutting do?? Does it force the other side to be lowered since the left side link is taller? Just wondering before I start hacking away shtuff! Thanks man!:thumbup:
i dont think it forces it, it just lets the pressure off of the side you cut. ill post some instuctions later tonite cause i am a lil rushed right now.:thumbup: just to let you know, it took me only like 25 minutes to do.:thumbup:

·
Bass Junkie
76 Posts
when i removed both links my truck was the same with no changes to the higher side. Thats why I asked if it forced the side down. Yah any instructions, pics, etc would be great...Thanks again

·
Sold
4,592 Posts
LiQuIdSlEd said:
when i removed both links my truck was the same with no changes to the higher side. Thats why I asked if it forced the side down. Yah any instructions, pics, etc would be great...Thanks again

measure how much it leans then remove the passager side end link the sleeve thats one the endlink(slides over the bolt) cut it down the amount that it leans.the piece you cut off (about .500) install on the bolt first so its under the a-arm now its just to take up slack in the bolt so you can get the same amount of presure on the bushings.
does that make sense?
hope that helps.

·
Bass Junkie
76 Posts
I cut the swaybar link the amount of difference from both sides,but it seems as though it raised the lower side a little and is still higher on the passenger side. Also, is a 3-5 drop suppose to be a level drop. Cuz it seems that my rear is saggin a little too low.

·
2,186 Posts
joe said:
which side did you cut down,drivers or passager side?
the passanger side typically sits higher so cut that one.:thumbup:

·
Bass Junkie
76 Posts
I cut the passenger side. I think I took like an inch off the spacer. It worked but it just seemed to have raised up the driver side a little and dropped the passenger side down, but it is still higher.

·
Ride'n So-Low
13 Posts
it's from your gas tank, cause i have hydralics on my truck and when i have it half way up it leans to the left a little, when i pancake it the left side drops first, it's the gas tank for sure.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts