S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've gotten a ways on my truck. I bought it a year ago. Problem was while I was overseas from Sept to Jan, The local dealerships sold 13 X's to othe people here at Travis AFB, CA. One guy across the street owns the same model and color right along with the other 5 people with red Xtended cab X's. Anyway it all started because while I was gone helping planes to launch to drop bombs, The guy watching my apartment and truck ran the front end into a curb and broke the front end. So anyway I had this crazy idea to fix it...... So I got the Xenon front end, 18" OZ Racing Nova S/T's, Xtreme Fiberglass products hood, and A Gemtop GT Classic tonnuea cover.......... Just a few quick questions..... Can anyone tell me where to find a LS1 engine,?otherwise I will be putting in an ATI power pro supercharger w/ intercooler. Does anyone know of a company making wiper blades with the windshield washers intigrated in them?? Mine had to disappear when I put my new hood on.. Here is a page with my pictures, leave a message on the Guestbook or message board and My website will be up sometime later this year........ J5
http://home.att.net/~jtothe5/wsb/index.html
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually my next door neighbor ran into the ditch with his and I sold him my lamps and platecover off the old setup... sorry
 
G

·
Looks Sweet the Xenon Air Dam matches up pretty good with the Fender Flares!

Oh If I were you I would get some new mirrors too!

But newayz it looks SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sweet hood......... awesome color........ Id be happy if they made this in a NY Taxicab Yellow
 

·
Canuck w/Truck
Joined
·
624 Posts
I know that Safari/Astro mini vans have the nozzles on the wiper arms. They would probably work the best! :thumbup:
 

·
I have a Civic now
Joined
·
3,786 Posts
Nozzles

red10 said:
I know that Safari/Astro mini vans have the nozzles on the wiper arms. They would probably work the best! :thumbup:

Thats what I used, they dont get the entire windshield sprayed but they do the job, im having a problem with getting the tubes to stay inside the wiper arm, need a better way to conceal them, any ideas, nice truck, love that hood too.

Nathan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Windshield wiper issue fixed

Hey guys I was chatting with a guy who smashed his honda at work today.. ! WHY DOESNT THAT HAPPEN MORE OFTEN! Anyway his rental was a 02 Chevy Cavalier, and while looking at his windshield I noticed the washers where integrated on the wipers. I called my favorite GM aftermarket parts store (The dealership) and they told me that the economy and midsize cars with the LS package have the integrated washers on the wipers, and that they should fit on my vehicle.. Although I think to hide the lines for them I will have to drill through the firewall and out underneath the wiper cowl which is not a big deal...... Thanx again guys.

Anyone want a satin speed grille for a 99-02 extreme (only fits the extreme grille) brand new in box, $100 I'll pay shipping...... email me.... J5
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,832 Posts
For the windshield washer things... I was told a while ago that there are universal ones that they sell at autozone for pretty cheap... or I have also heard of custom ones made from a beretta.

DogP
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,799 Posts
Re: Windshield wiper issue fixed

JtotheXtreme said:
Hey guys I was chatting with a guy who smashed his honda at work today.. ! WHY DOESNT THAT HAPPEN MORE OFTEN! Anyway his rental was a 02 Chevy Cavalier, and while looking at his windshield I noticed the washers where integrated on the wipers. I called my favorite GM aftermarket parts store (The dealership) and they told me that the economy and midsize cars with the LS package have the integrated washers on the wipers, and that they should fit on my vehicle.. Although I think to hide the lines for them I will have to drill through the firewall and out underneath the wiper cowl which is not a big deal...... Thanx again guys.

Anyone want a satin speed grille for a 99-02 extreme (only fits the extreme grille) brand new in box, $100 I'll pay shipping...... email me.... J5

i was gonna mention that when reading through the thread but then you said it...my boy has a cavy and i wanted to do that....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey man,

I find nice curvy roads here near napa CA and drive on them in the middle of nowhere, preferably at high speeds with the stereo bumpin. And if you paid attention you would know that technically they're already shaved because they're not on my aftermarket hood. The problem is bugs cant estimate what speed I am going and stopping at gas stations when your in the middle of BFE is kinda difficult seeing none exist. Come on man use your head...... You ever had to wash your windshield every time you go for a drive?????????????????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Too late now buddy

Refer to my post up top complimenting indigoblue on the awesome color of his truck, and the nice hood........ I made a comment about its too bad they dont come in yellow. Well apparently a year ago when I was looking for and X I told the dealership across town from the one I bought this one from to call me when they make them in yellow....... Well low and be hold they called me today and told me in 3 weeks the yellow S-10 Extreme 3 door would be in..... I called the guy at the dealership back and told him I would buy it on one condition..... They paid to paint all my aftermarket parts to match...... I guess he didnt get the joke!!!!!! Damn if they only called 2 months ago!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Windshield Wipers again

Hey guys,

for $16 I figured Id buy a set of each and bring them back if they didnt work....... The Cavalier's are too small, Astro to small, and Full size trucks to big. The angles at which they stick to the windshield are all wrong..... Well I guess sometimes you have to sacrifice things in order to look good.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,578 Posts
JtotheXtreme said:
Hey man,

I find nice curvy roads here near napa CA and drive on them in the middle of nowhere, preferably at high speeds with the stereo bumpin. And if you paid attention you would know that technically they're already shaved because they're not on my aftermarket hood. The problem is bugs cant estimate what speed I am going and stopping at gas stations when your in the middle of BFE is kinda difficult seeing none exist. Come on man use your head...... You ever had to wash your windshield every time you go for a drive?????????????????
Thank you for reminding me I'm a complete f-ing moron. I tend to forget from time to time. :finger:
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top