S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the remote turn on wire commin from the headunit to the back of my truck. im gonna be runnin 2 amps, and a crossover that all require the remote turn on wire. do i just splice from the main wire and run an individual wire to each or is there something else?

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
danteisme said:
i have the remote turn on wire commin from the headunit to the back of my truck. im gonna be runnin 2 amps, and a crossover that all require the remote turn on wire. do i just splice from the main wire and run an individual wire to each or is there something else?
I suppose that would work but your should really run 3 different remotes from the fuse box...the wire splice would work though..just doesn't sound like the best way to do it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I agree w/ xtremer-pxl...

the best way to do it would be to run 3 seperate remote wires, but splicing into it would work.

Cory

·
Registered
287 Posts
Why in God's name would you run remote turn-ons from the fuse block? Then the amps will be on when the car is on (if tapped into switched power), whether or not the deck is turned on. With three units on the remote wire from the deck, you should be fine. Add any more than that, and you'll want to wire up a relay on the remote wire so you don't strain your deck. At this point, just run one wire back from the deck and splice into it.

Jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts