S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this winter since i now have a garage and my old bag setup was beyond ghetto i decided to redo everything. along with that i am ditching my gas tank in favor of a fuel cell. putting everything under th ebed. wirebrushing and cleaning the whole frame for paint or por-15(havent decided yet) and boxing in the frame and building new crossmembers for the tank and cell. i started a while ago and until now ive only had a few hours a week to work on it. so here it goes..

heres where i started after i ripped everything out. you can see where i started wirebrushing on the drivers side and then how it looked on the passenger side. big difference huh?

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
after that i went and grinded my notch all nice and smooth and cut off the bottom that was hanging over from when we did it. we hung it over so we could weld the bottom of it as well. the notch was the only thing on my air ride that wasnt ghetto the welds were awesome and it came out real good

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
after i got one side wire brushed and grinded smooth i got tired of doing that so i started to make a template for the rear box in and cut it outta my 18 dollar 90lb sheet of 1/8" steel. what am i gonna do with that much steel? i have no clue but it was the only sheet they had..

heres some pictures of the box in..gonna be starting back up on it after xmas. weld it all up do the otehr side and start ont he xmembers

stock is so ugly..

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ill get more pics after i work on it somemore after xmas. i wanted to get a 4x3" steel tubing to box in the rear but nobody around here has any. so i dont know what im gonna do. anybody got any other ideas? i wanna close in the rear because i have some pretty cool ideas for mounting the tank back there

·
Keep on Truckin'
295 Posts
im in lancaster too dimebag... never seen you around though...? im in neffsville right off of route 30. my 2nd gen is in the shop right now but you'll probably see me around sometime.

ps.... nice work on your 1st gen

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
colby said:
im in lancaster too dimebag... never seen you around though...? im in neffsville right off of route 30. my 2nd gen is in the shop right now but you'll probably see me around sometime.

ps.... nice work on your 1st gen
yea i havent driven it much since i got it. started bags and drove it to a few shows now its winter time again. whats your name and what kinda trcuk you got? whats done to it. my truck is in a garage ion lancaster. i go through neffsville everday to and from school and to the garage. ive got some buddies in lititz here with me that got minis. you know travis steffy? hes got a bagged black second gen. darrel smith? hes got a lowered maroon second gen. and spencer? hes got a bagged 2nd gen on 20's. we should hook up sometime ill show you my ride. hit me back. peace

1 - 20 of 168 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.