Votes: 2 28.6%
  • U might have a chance

Votes: 5 71.4%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright saturday i am supposed to race a 93 mustang lx(i think) completely stock. How does everyone feel my chances are. I have a custom exhaust high flow cat 3" in/out delta flow 40 series flowmaster, volant premium intake, msd 6a ignition, 8.5mm msd spark plug wires, bosch platinum +4 plugs, hpp3, 160* thermostat, tbi spacer. i have a ton of stereo equipment in the extended cab portion of my truck and was planning on taking it out along with the spare tire for weight reduction, dont know how the mustangs ran then, but i think i might have a good shot opinions plz..

·
Registered
217 Posts
if your a 4 banger you will probably recieve this :whip: if u have a 6cyl u may have a chance but dont be surprised if u get this :whip: course u can always give him this :madfinger after your done doing this :cry:

sorry im bored at werk :drinkhaha :whogives: :cuss: :rant: :far: :stickpoke

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
of course i have a 6 wouldn't try racing anything if i had a 4 lol, and i might have to do the :finger: if i win and the :madfinger if i lose, either way he drives a ford so he is :gay:

·
FLAVOR FLAV!!!
344 Posts
What do those lx's have in em, i thought they were just 6's. If so i'd figure u'd smoke him. just my .02

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not sure what they have, but i'll find out tomorrow night

·
Oops...Dropped it
204 Posts
The LX Stangs came with 4,6,and 8 cyl. What year is it? If it's a 5.0L It'll probably smoke you ass, depending on the driver. 4 or a 6 and you should have no problem destroying him. Even if you screw up on a couple of shifts, you should still win! Either way, good luch chief.

·
Registered
473 Posts
race this weekend

If you know how to drive and ahve the 4.3 you hsould have no problem whatever the engine in the mustang(long as its the LX). I have a 4.3 X modified bout the same as your and have beaten numerous imports and some VWs here that shouldnt have been beaten. YOu can do it. If you know ur truck enough to launch with out total traction loss you will be ok.

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
um dude....if its a 5.0...you're dead! esp if its a 5-speed!:uhoh:

the 5.0 Lx's beat GT's, because of the weight difference...think mid to high 14's in the 1/4

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alright it's a 5 speed, 5.0, but the guy says "it's not running to it's fullest potential right now" Tonight is the night, i adjusted my tractionbars this morning and i'm ready to go, i think i'm gonna be able to take him

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
Not running good, then why does he want to race? Sounds like
hes blowing smoke up your a$$. Hes going to laugh all the way
to the finish line. Your just another ROAD KILL:bash:

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright i went to the guys house last night to talk with him before the race, he starts it up and the exhaust starts smoking like a *****, i just laughed. It turns out it is a auto 5.0. We went to a back road and lined up. My buddy dropped the flag and we went. He pulled about a car length on me and then i hit second i gained and gained on him until we were dead even third gear and i start to pull away, we get to the finish line and i he is at my mirror, i beat him by literally a foot. he wants another race and i said i'll give him another shot after this snowstorm we are getting today passes. Yeah mark a kill for me.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Wicked X said:
Not running good, then why does he want to race? Sounds like
hes blowing smoke up your a$$. Hes going to laugh all the way
to the finish line. Your just another ROAD KILL:bash:
Nice road kill huh? Looks like you are talking out your ass. **** man, a buddy of mine has a built 302 in his stang and I can hang with him easily... Thats all for now I guess...Just lucky Im at work...:twak: :troutslap :stickpoke :rant: :argue:

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
JLAudio11 said:
What do those lx's have in em, i thought they were just 6's. If so i'd figure u'd smoke him. just my .02
the LX was nicer than the GT had the 5.0 poption minus all that extra body cladding to slow it down

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
damn, blown rings and the dreaded ford AOD:drinkhaha :drinkhaha

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
They must not know how to build motors where you live. Built
302s run in the mid12s around here :scary:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts