S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1691 Posts

·
Layed Out Fabrication
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have been looking threw the site and this seems like the thing to do so here we go.:D

It started life as a 94 S-10 standard cab V6

8” bodydrop 1.5” over the bottom of the doors:eek:
2.25” stock glass chop top
41” from the ground to the crown of the roof
Suicide doors
Shaved everything

after the bodydrop

·
umm...
1,925 Posts
so let me see if i get this right. u took and extra 1.5 inches of the bottom the the door beyond the factof taking the rocker off? And then u chopped it 2.25 inches? U must be a midget to drive that thing when its done. Also why didnt you stock floor it some to gaina little more head room? ill be watching this one. keep it updated

·
Layed Out Fabrication
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so let me see if i get this right. u took and extra 1.5 inches of the bottom the the door beyond the factof taking the rocker off? And then u chopped it 2.25 inches? U must be a midget to drive that thing when its done. Also why didnt you stock floor it some to gaina little more head room? ill be watching this one. keep it updated

well before i decided to do the chop top i planned to redo the bodydrop to a stock floor. it is going to be half and half(4" trad. and 4"SF) should give me about 1.5" of head room.

as for the midget thing way to the other side 6'4". the top of the roof is the height of my belly bottom when i stand next to the truck :haha::haha:

·
umm...
1,925 Posts
so do plan on cutting the leg off a lawn chair and bolting that to your floor to drive? I love the idea of low but man thats gunna be uncomfortable as hell with your legs straight out like a go-cart. But llok at the bright side at least u know youll win alot of truck limbo contests

·
Layed Out Fabrication
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ITS REALLY NOT THE BAD TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH. I HAVE HONDA BUCKETS THAT FIT VERY NICELY. GETS ME ABOUT AN 1.5" OF HEADROOM. NOT A LOT BUT BEING THIS TALL IT IS NOTHING NEW TO ME.:rant:

WELL THAT WAS ONE OF THE REASON BUT THE BIGGEST WAS JUST WANTING TO BE A LITTLE DIFFERENT THAN ALL THE REST.

·
No more blazer
1,235 Posts
looks like a pretty straight forward buildup. for such a huge drop, it doesent look hacked etiher.

keep up the good work man, and keep the pics flowing!

·
No more blazer
1,235 Posts
oh and to keep the stock windsheild, did you just cut and lean the a-pillars back when you dropped the top down?

proly had to section the roof back too.

thats alot of work haha

ill drink a beer to that one!

·
Mini Truck Addict
182 Posts
Looks sick. I'm in the process of a 4" body drop thinking about doing a cop top there is still room. But it looks like a lot of work to keep the stock glass. I would love to do half doors / no window frame.

·
Layed Out Fabrication
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh and to keep the stock windsheild, did you just cut and lean the a-pillars back when you dropped the top down?

proly had to section the roof back too.

thats alot of work haha

ill drink a beer to that one!
YEP I HAD TO TAKE ABOUT AN 1" OFF THE FRONT OF THE ROOF.

·
Layed Out Fabrication
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
No more blazer
1,235 Posts
old barnyard arms with some insane gussets!

and hope that nothign happens to where you have to take a fender off lol.

metal work looks good man!

·
umm...
1,925 Posts
is that table and actually frame table made of wood? or is it just a table to get the project off the ground and at eye level?

·
Layed Out Fabrication
2,164 Posts

·
Layed Out Fabrication
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
is that table and actually frame table made of wood? or is it just a table to get the project off the ground and at eye level?
both!!

·
Some Day
5,605 Posts
You know I saw you post the pics in the bodydropping it roster and I was looking for maybe a build thread and here it is. Looks great. I don't like the fact that you went beyond the door (just doesn't do it for me, to the doors is too far haha) But the work looks clean and seems as if everything is turning out sick. I have wanted to chop my top since I bagged my truck haha. I would love if you could post up a few more pics especially of the roof. But I love the truck I love to see crazy ass builds like this. It motivates me to work on mine

1 - 20 of 1691 Posts