S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
im in the process of a frame off restoration with it but she aint gonna be stock when im done its getting a 500hp 468 BBC a th400 trans and a 12 bolt posi i have 17" centerlines for it wrapped in 275/40 gsc's plans call for a full global west suspention . all this in a cramped 2 car garage . better pics to come

Attachments

·
Freak of Nature
41 Posts
That looks a lot like my car sitting in my parents garage. I really need to go over and drive it a little bit. I really miss driving that car.

:cry:

·
Just Call Me Dick
305 Posts
what color are u going to paint it? i always liked them black with daul white stripes or red with daul black stripes

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im gonna paint it the original green mist its kind of a rare color and i happen to like it, if it was an SS car id probablly go black/white though

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so heres an update not much of one but new pics anyways lol (slooooooooooow project) lack of $$$$$ is the main cause but im sure everybody knows what i mean :(

Attachments

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
another shot , dont ask why all the towels i guess it just makes a nice non moving towel rack :D

Attachments

·
Twisted Inc.
414 Posts
MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My all time favorite car is a 1970 chevelle 454 SS!!!! and thats close enough!!! great car dude i love it! keep use posted!! i would kill to have one of those cars

·
Twisted Inc.
414 Posts
im sorry for my typo "keep us posted" not use...lol....... what shape was it in when you got it????

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
very nice dude, i am in the hunt for finding a 1969 camaro project car for me. if i cant find one i might settle for a 1965 chevelle to tool with.

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Horse_350 said:
im sorry for my typo "keep us posted" not use...lol....... what shape was it in when you got it????
well it was in pretty sad shape when i got it. im sure i could have gotten a better deal but the price for a decent shape 70 is insane, plus my car has a mint interior so i look at it as i saved it from being crushed :) . as you can see that quarter is ready to get welded on (we did the other side already) and it needs both front fenders all this because of rust (maryland car :rolleyes: ) once that quarter is on we're pulling the body off and mounting it on a home made rotiserie to finish the under side then remount the body on a 2nd frame that i have sanded rust proofed and painted. Its also gonna have a whole nother suspention on that frame. its a big project in a small 2 car garage but ill keep ya updated on how its going :thumbup:

·
Da SlOwEsT MeMbEr :(
622 Posts
Horse thats ur favorite car? my dad has an original 454 SS model with like 15k miles.. was nice until someone hit him in the rear... now the body work and engine is redone.. But still lookin bone stock. Unless u take the motor apart..... Its is a super nice car.. incredible i may say.

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
PisOnCavalier said:
how much were those 17" centerlines? they look good on that car
well i got all 4 wheels and tires for $400 (used but in great condition) it needs 2 tires but they will last long enough for a burnout or 2 once i get the car finished :rock:

btw they are centerline billet fluted stars 17x9.5 though i really want 17x11's for the back

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
looks like you got your hands full diff keep us updated. I love chevelles i'm more of a 64 or 65 fan tho. still love the 70 also

·
Twisted Inc.
414 Posts
StylezZ28 I'm Afraid I would have had to kill the person who rear ended your father.

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
update

k well im tired right now so excuse any typos. this was all completed tonight in about 4 hours or so we took it the body off the frame and mounted it on a rotisery<sp?> so we can fix the body braces which in the back have pretty much rusted off (not good) but we got new ones. anyhow i know you dont are about all the detail stuff so heres some pics ........

before

Attachments

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
during................ this is a disturbing pic since i never want my car to sit up this higher ever again :uhoh:

Attachments

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
af...................

Attachments

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
t.................