S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
used a 5 or 6 inch pipe 1/4" thick. Here pics of the arm about 75% done, still have to grind it and make pretty still. For those that dont know, i notched it to clear the clutch master cylinder.

Attachments

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
Nice, I ended up notching mine, but no where near as much as you did, I just cut about and inch in and about an inch down, hopefully I notched it enough to lay out. Then again my master cylinder is smaller then everyone elses.

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LoW_1 said:
Nice, I ended up notching mine, but no where near as much as you did, I just cut about and inch in and about an inch down, hopefully I notched it enough to lay out. Then again my master cylinder is smaller then everyone elses.
can you snap a pic of your master? I might go get one if its that much smaller, mine is huge it seems like. I almost switched over to manual clutch but i'd thought i'd give this a try first.

·
dont be a pussy
312 Posts
not a bad idea, but I would rather do it another way. Heres how I do it...
recess the mounting point of the cylinder back about 1 inch, shorten the rod that goes from the clutch pedal to the cylinder, also shorten the brakets 1 inch that the cylinder bolts to on the inside...... I will be doing this again probably some time this week so I will get some pics of that.
This is also something that helps when tubing the firewall for 20s.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
clean n low said:
god flux core is ugly.
haha, actually that looks pretty good for flux. Looks like you grinded down the nast pretty nicely.

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NoDime4myTime said:
not a bad idea, but I would rather do it another way. Heres how I do it...
recess the mounting point of the cylinder back about 1 inch, shorten the rod that goes from the clutch pedal to the cylinder, also shorten the brakets 1 inch that the cylinder bolts to on the inside...... I will be doing this again probably some time this week so I will get some pics of that.
This is also something that helps when tubing the firewall for 20s.
werd, the truck isn't going to be drove really for a while, i just want to have together so i can move it around. still gotta tub it and shave the firewall so Its just a tempary fix for me. Planning on making it right hand drive now also :D

gote - it did turn out rather well, i wasn't using my welder so i wasn't up to par with the welds i though but it looks good on the screen so i'm happy :D lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts