S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
frame layin member
1,217 Posts
looks good, what size and series jls are those?

·
BLAZIN SADDLE
1,394 Posts
That is a NICE and CLEAN setup are the AMPS JL 1/250's ? :thumbup:

3-Billet Bowtie
4-255/45/18 Pirelli Zero's on HALO rims
5-Boston Acoustics speakers in doors/dash
6-Pioneer 6x9's in the back seat area
7-K&N GEN II
8-FlowMaster 40series with 2 1/4 pipe Magnaflow SS tip
9-2/3 DROP with Belltech Spindles and Blocks
10-Poweraid Spacer
11-Removed MAF Screen
12-JL amp and one 10” JL subwoofer
13-SS mirrors WHITE, matching handles
14-Shaved Emblems
15- HPPIII

And a list one mile long

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
Zac, that is a good fitting box....did you build that yourself or did ya buy it?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Here's a run down on the system.

JL 500/1 for the subs, which are 10" W3's.
JL 300/2 for the front speakers which are MB Quart DSD 216's.
Pioneer DEH-630 head unit.
12 disc Pioneer disc changer mounted in the center console.

Hidden in behind the box is a 1 farad cap. I removed the jack but the holder is still in place. The jack lives in the jumpseat hole now. I removed the seat back of the jump seat to make room for the jack. The jack is wrapped with foam rubber to prevent it from rattling around in there. Main wiring is 4 quage Soundstream audio power cable. From there it is split into 8 quage to the amps. The mounting brackets for the box are from my 12 disc changer.

After making templates out of cardboard I built the amp rack out of 3/4 MDF. The amp rack is basically a frame built around the sub box I already had. I then applied the carpet with 3M spray on adhesive. I was going to make the entire thing black but I liked the 2 tone look. I really wanted to build a frame that would allow me to show off the crossovers, distrobution block and cap but I would end up with no room whatsoever behind the seats. I wanted to leave a little room for stuff I have to haul back and forth from work.

BTW, it hits really hard. At times it feels like someone is kicking the back of my seat. I love it.

That should answer a bunch of questions.

·
frame layin member
1,217 Posts
thats sweet man i've got 3 10w0's in my room waitin for a box.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Since I took the above pictures I have upgraded the wiring from the distrobution block to 4 guage. So now the entire sytem is wired in 4 guage including the ground. The amps accept 4 guage so I figured I should use it for everything. Besides it looks better with the holes in the amps filled. Also I added some good quality RCA plugs and wire. Now I'm seriously considering building an entire new box across the entire back of the cab so I can display the crossovers, blocks and cap. MDF is cheap, it's just going to take allot of planning and work.

Thanks for all the compliments guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts