S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I've got aways on my truck. I bought it a year ago. Problem was while I was overseas from Sept to Jan, The local dealerships sold 13 X's to othe people here at Travis AFB, CA. One guy across the street owns the same model and color right along with the other 5 people with red Xtended cab X's. Anyway it all started because while I was gone helping planes to launch to drop bombs, The guy watching my apartment and truck ran the front end into a curb and broke the front end. So anyway I had this crazy idea to fix it...... So I got the Xenon front end, 18" OZ Racing Nova S/T's, Xtreme Fiberglass products hood, and A Gemtop GT Classic tonnuea cover.......... Can anyone tell me where to find a LS1 engine, otherwise I will be putting in a power pro supercharger w/ intercooler. Here is a page with my pictures, leave a message on the Guestbook or message board and My website will be up sometime later this year........ J5
http://home.att.net/~jtothe5/wsb/index.html

Attachments

·
Not an O.G.
670 Posts
Dude nice truck! Are you talking about puttin' the ATI procharger on your truck, if so DO IT! Your truck would haul a$$!

·
Registered
129 Posts
if i were you, i would do the following: sport mirrors, those white lenses on your front to match your headlights, red bowtie. All of this should be able to easily be done with less than 200

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
is that dropped any?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got wisconsin plates, my uncles a sheriff back there. He told me I cant paint from the front blinker back. There is supposably a reflector in the corner that signifies to traffic on your left and right the front of the vehicle at night. He claims they are integrated into the corner of the blinker so people would see your front if your lights where off. I will verify with a flashlight tonight. I like what you did with yours though.

·
ZQ8 2001
901 Posts
JtotheXtreme said:
There is supposably a reflector in the corner that signifies to traffic on your left and right the front of the vehicle at night. He claims they are integrated into the corner of the blinker so people would see your front if your lights where off.
as far as i know, those side blinkers are in the headlamp housing, on the spot closest to the fender.

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
what the cop is probably talking bout is the yellow reflector on the side of the turn signal housing.

by law you are required to have a yellow reflector in the front side corner, and a yellow flashing signal light. so you're allowed to have a clear lenses as long you got yellow bulb and a yellow side reflector.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
the signal light

Which means because the side of the yellow signal light reflects at night. (Which it does I tryed with a flashlight last night) It is technically illegal to paint over the light. I like the clear corners the best anyway. That way all my lights would match..... Also I dont really like the euro/altezzas the stock lights look good as far as I am concerned on a red truck because the lenses almost match the paint. Just like the blacked out ones look good on a darker truck...... I appreciate the feedback but essentially it comes down to personal prefference wouldnt you agree??? And the person talking about sport mirrors, if they make them with all the options that came on the stock mirrors I would think about it... but it doesnt bother me because the rest of the trucks color scheme incorporates black... See if I paint the mirrors red them I would have to paint the step covers and top of bumper red, and them so the front wouldnt look out of place I would have to continue with my originall I dea and put a speed grille in the xenon front side (Pain in the ass, Had to buy expedition grille cut and form it only for the body shop to **** it up by flattening it and glueing it on back.....) and in the nostrils of the hood......

Hey anyone want a satin speed grille for a 1999-2002 S10 extreme....... This will not fit on a stock grille it is the one specificaly for the extreme $100 obo to a good home... Its only collecting dust in my room brand new still in the packaging. Got it in after I got truck back from paint shop and they screwed up my custom zenon setup....... Visit here and email me..... http://home.att.net/~jtothe5/wsb/index.html

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
i think the astro have a separate amber reflector located on the side outside the housing.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Windshield wiper issue fixed

Chevy offers windshield washers integrated on the wipers for the LS versions of their economy and midsize cars. I will be tripin to the dealership for a pair tommorrow.

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
dont bother, just go to your local automotive store and buy a kit for $10cdn. it comes with a hose and 2 nozzles. you tywrap it to your wipers.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts