S-10 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, last week i posted on here asking, slownoma or 350 silverado lol. With the economy in the deep cream its in i thought about the future. 350... 8-10 mpg's, 2.2L.... 20-23 lol. So i traded my dad my silverado for his slownoma i mean sonoma lol. Here are the pics, this is going to be my daily driver from hs to home and some. Im also needing some ideas, i bought a 3"-4" lowering kit from spring tech and thats going on. I was thinking t leather cover, blacken out the tail lights, and roll pan with a rose or cherry red paint job. Here are the pics!

Attachments

·
Registered
450 Posts
heck ya! glad you decided to go with the sonoma! some cheap and pretty cool upgrades would be leds for signal lights, dash, interior lights, etc. you could get some hids for about 40 bucks from ddmtuning.com. i have those and i love them! i agree with a rollpan seeing the condition of the rear bumper. keep us posted man!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
heck ya! glad you decided to go with the sonoma! some cheap and pretty cool upgrades would be leds for signal lights, dash, interior lights, etc. you could get some hids for about 40 bucks from ddmtuning.com. i have those and i love them! i agree with a rollpan seeing the condition of the rear bumper. keep us posted man!
Will do, it will be a while b4 i can do anything cause the silverado is not reg and my dad is using the sonoma for a dd until the silverado gets reg.

·
Registered
450 Posts
have you decided whether or not you wanna do s10 or sonoma front end?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
450 Posts
well if your main concern was gas mileage, id say stick to the 2.2, but if you want a good mix of speed and mileage, go for the 4.3. what year model was it from? also i dont know if you know the site, but check out stylintrucks.com. they have a good selection of grilles, and pretty much everything exterior wise

·
Registered
450 Posts
well im not gonna say im one hundred percent right, but i think the nv3500 tranny should bolt up(i think thats the 5 speed used after 98) and if you did the swap you could replace the clutch while you had it all out if its needed, or just so you wont have to worry about it haha. i like the sound of the 4.3 swap myself, but it has the potential to nickel and dime you to death, the 2.2 is nice because its already in there and running haha

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well im not gonna say im one hundred percent right, but i think the nv3500 tranny should bolt up(i think thats the 5 speed used after 98) and if you did the swap you could replace the clutch while you had it all out if its needed, or just so you wont have to worry about it haha. i like the sound of the 4.3 swap myself, but it has the potential to nickel and dime you to death, the 2.2 is nice because its already in there and running haha
Yup, it should bolt right up to the 5 speed we got in there now. Thats what im thinking bout doing is having all the stuff right there and ready to go then do a 2 weekend swap in it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts