S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
CHECK THIS BABY OUT!!

Thought you guys might find this interesting...Trying to figure out how to make it fit. LOL

First some specs......

Inline 8 Cylinder Diesel
5000 Cubic Inches
Fuel Injected
Liquid Intercooled
Turbocharged (Single)
825 HP @ 900 RPM
10,300 Lb/ft of Torque at 850 RPM...Thats not a typo !!
Redlines at 1150 RPM

Powers a 550,000 watt Generator for power backup. This is #2 of 3 total....Now if I could only fit a K&N on it lol:thumbup:

One small part of my Daily grind lol. The guy in the pic is me for size comparison. Im 6' tall !!

Attachments

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
This is the Turbo side of the motor...

Turbo weighs approx. 600 Lbs.

Exhaust temps in the 550 - 700 degree F range.
Cylinder pressures of about 1100 PSI
Motor holds 65 GALLONS !! of oil.
Air started by 300 LBS of compressed air direct injected into each cylinder.
Injectors open at 3000 PSI
Operating temp of 165 - 180 Degrees. 12 Ft square radiators and 1000 gallons of antifreeze keep it cool. Fans have 11 foot diameter blades !

Takes 5 days to perform a tune up on this bad Girl

Attachments

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
if you make that fit, i will have to give you mad props lol

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
o i can tell you about the motor my mechanic is working on right now for me, trying to figure out if an aurora 4.0l v8 can be set up with a rwd transmission for my car. bored .030 over, new cams and pistons, all motor over 350 hp, then s/c it, now that would be my dream setup, just happen to have an aurora motor out of a 95 sitting in my garage lol. if he can find a way to work this, i would be in his debt forever, i love that motor, soooo fast in the aurora we have now

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I rented a burgundy '99 one for 2 weeks and I have to tell ya that was one of the sweetest rides I have been in. very quick for the type of car. I cant see why you couldnt do it. They use them in race cars in a rwd config. Only problem may be the width of the motor. Those valve covers are wide lol....

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
yes very wide, i might have to trim down the panels, now just imagine how fast that 4.0 will be bored over, new pistons and different cam, now that is real american hp

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
Red...I seen bigger! I was in the navy and one of the ships I was on used V12s and V16 with 650c.i. per cylinder! You weren't a flange head by any chance were you??

Rick

·
I'll Miss Ya Red!!!
2,963 Posts
Big Thumpin diesels!

If you guys ever get a chance go take a look at some of the engines that are powering the Locomotives on todays main Railroads !

Big ass G.E.'s

Big EMD's, (EMD is a subsidiary of G.M.)

I haven' been around them in a while, but My pop used to work for the railroad when I was just a little squirt. When I was growing up instead og going fishing, we'd hang around rail yards, and go watch trains roll through. He taught me alot about locomotives, and what not. We always used to wait onthe New issue of trains to come in! MAn Som f the stuff in there was awesome. Those are some bigg azz Deisels in those Loco's!

No **** I'm talkin 5,000hp diesel's! HUGE!:evilg: :thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts