S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started my new job with Dominion Virginia Power yesterday (finally). I couldn't be happier so far. Monday was very boring cause of paperwork and long movies about safety from the 80's. Today I went out with a crew and helped run 4 lines across route 29 and had the popo stop traffic. I learned some of the things they do and a lot of the safety measures they take to make sure they and others make it home that night. I definitely have my work cut out for me and I will be working my ass off from here on out. I have never been so excited about a job before. It will be an adventure for sure especially when/if I go do disaster relief for hurricanes or floods or whatever. WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am actually a groundman and will be one for a couple of years. After I get some training I will be a lineman. Starting off I am making $2 more an hour than I ever have and its only gonna go up not to mention all the benefits that go along with the pay.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im a journeyman electrician and i been thinking about becoming a trouble shooter or swepco (our power company)
I actually took a year of classes to become an electrician and decided to do this instead. It interests me a lot more. In the long run an electrician will make more money but with OT and some raises I will do alright.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts