S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Moving Violationz NE Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night my girl gave me a new Techno dance CD(can't remember the name but it's the new song that they play all the time) anyway

I was at a light and I noticed my interior dash lights were low. So i thought I hit that thing that goes up and down to adjust the lights(wrong) all the way up before turning dome light on.

So i look down at my battery level(power) and it was holding steady at the neck big line after the 9. you have 9 then red it went to the next big white line and I was like HOLY ***** my truck is going to stal. LMFAO. I looked back at my 1FARAD digital cap and it was reading 11.3 to 12.8 depending on the beat. So i turned it down and the cap went to 14.3.

thought I would let everyone know.

·
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
on the gauge u have 14 in the middle. I was dropping at 2-3 lines below that all the time and I once in a while I would have it hit the big white line.

I think im going to need a new altornator.

·
Flippin a Blazer hurts
74 Posts
have your voltage regulator checked BEFORE getting an alt....Autozone will do it for free...Mine sucks donkey dick and GM WILL be replacing it next week. I've got 0-gauge going to my MTX Thunder 1000 D and 8-gauge going to my Componet amp. Upgraded ALL Stock charging cable to 4-gauge and still having problems. A better alt is the ONLY fix in my case.

·
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like I'm in the same boat as you. I will have my friend at th eshop check my volatage regulator and go from there. I might even buy a stinger alternator.

I almost shiaat my pants when I saw that. I started 2 LMFAO.
Imagine your system in a reg cab. Pretty much what mines like.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts