S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a pic of my baby. 1997 sonoma with a 6/3 lift. It rides on 32 inch bridgestone mudders and 16 niche throttles. I ony have a few mods incuding a sir michaels roll pan, K&N air filter, and 3 inch cat-back exhaust by fowmaster.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Is that a 2wd truck?

What is a 6/3 lift?
Does that mean it is lifted 6" in the front and 3" in the back?

If so why would you want to do that.

If not then you could probably get some shackles to help that sagging rear end.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah its 2wd and yes its 6 in front and 3 in back. When i first lifted it, i wanted 6 all the way around but only had money to do 3 inches. Then after i got my job, i bought lift spindles and installed those. I didnt have money to put shackles in so i didnt and was going to get them later. I never did cuz i grew to like it with a bit of pre-runner look to it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First of all im 17 and i didnt want to wait around for a 4wd and its cheaper to lift my truck and look good than bagging it and lowering it the way i would want to.

·
Registered
66 Posts
also, 2wd is really nice for the sand. you can get more front travel out of 2wd than 4wd unless you do the custom i-beam front end.

and the front is higher than the back so that it gives you the correct landing position off of a jump.

·
www.AcrophobiA.net
1,325 Posts
look bro....i give you props.....although i love s10's bagged, i still like the raised look.....everyone is just a hater bro...if you like it, roll on it man.....truck still looks nice to me.....i mean sh*t, i have bags and i drive with my front up and the ass down so who cares.........nice truck

·
Registered
224 Posts
Looks good

That truck would haul ass in the sand...lol...I like the way it looks, I think it would look kool a little higher in the back-\but like lowhuh said, if you like it roll it. Thanks for not putting a bunch of gay ass tube accesories and grille guards and **** on it...lol
Keep it klean

·
Fleetwood Truckers So. Cal.
306 Posts
Hey Niche, what kit did you use, the upper arms, coils and spindles? or did you use the long travel arms with the coils and spindles?

Chad

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have the upper arms, coils, and spindles up front and in back i have just an add a leaf. When i first got the truck, my parents lifted it 3 inches for me and then later i was to do another 3 all around. then I got money for spindles and put them in and nothing in back and grew to like it. I have a 2 inch body lift kit in my garage but i don think i want to install it.

·
306 Posts
I have a 99 S10 that went from bags to a 6.5" lift in the front. Right now I have uppers, 3" coils and 3.5" spindles in the front and a flip kit in the rear on 33" tires. Soon I'll be getting the long travel for it. Once I'm done with the long travel I also have a 2" body lift sitting in my garage waiting for me to install it.
Soon I'll have pictures up.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey lowrd---Do you rub at all with 33's on there? i rub quite a bit but that could be that my suspension is possibly sagging. Do you have fenders? Post some pics when you get the chance cuz you truck sounds pretty phat. peace

·
306 Posts
I cut out the lower part of the inner fender well in the back up 5" and after that I don't rub at all, I'm taking some pictures of my truck today and when I get them back I'll put them on.
Chad

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey, lifted on.....if you want to sell that body lift, i may be interested if the price is right. contact tbone.....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts