S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
STOP MESSIN WITH MY SIGS
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys here it is my new ish jimmy..i traded my 02 sonoma for it cuz i needed 4x4 up here i miss the noma but im lovin the jimmy

Attachments

·
Certified MASShole
4,372 Posts
looks nice man! do the wheels stick out at all? a 3/3 drop would look nice on her

·
STOP MESSIN WITH MY SIGS
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh ya the rims are off my sonoma, they are a 2wd offset and i just bought a 5th rim a few days ago for the spare, i need the 4x4 in the winter cuz i drive on sideroads up in barrie a lot thats where i live the 2wd was just a bitch 2 get around in , the wheels stick out bout a inch on the front but the back is perfect, ive been thinkin bout droppin it but i just went on vacation to mt tremblant, partied 2 hard and drpooed like $900 in 3 days , also i hear droppin a 4x4 is tricky, i have no idea how 2 do it, i posted a thred on it and no 1 really had a good way to do it i got a lot of "why?"...lol...so if anyone can give me a part list of what i will need that would b good...lol

·
STOP MESSIN WITH MY SIGS
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
blazerboy97 said:
dropping a 4x4 is a cake walk. blocks and uncrank keys.
thats all i need? how hard to install? how hard to reverse this for winter?

·
bmx minitrucker
223 Posts
well i was first going to raise my blaze.. so you crank the keys. get an 18mm socket with ratchet and get under your blaze about half way back. may be different. i have a 4 door. look for the cross memeber. there is a bolt on each side. un crank them and just keep a measure on where they would be with the 3" blocks in the rear. (i had to have mine all the way out, some don't)the hardest part is getting the old u bolts out and getting the new blocks and bolts in is pretty easy.

hit up www.blazinlow.com for more info and stuff for blazers.

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
02sonoma_on20s said:
thats all i need? how hard to install? how hard to reverse this for winter?
It's really not good to continuously crank and uncrank the torsion bars, a few times is ok but a buddy of mine did it 5-6 times and he totally messed up his front suspension because of it.

·
Got s10?
4,219 Posts
I did the torsion bar drop and 3" blocks also! Whole project took me and a friend about an hour...

Joe

·
Banned
9,778 Posts
BIG PIMPIN MANG

drop that baish

·
graduated!!!!
1,045 Posts
lol, i used to be up in the nose bleed section too, but i dropped mine 3/3 ish and it only rubs all the time, here's a pic of what it would be like to give ya a visual......i'm kinda liking the look with the spare on the back.....its that extra bling

·
murse
13,200 Posts
i say lift it and put some big tires on those rims. thatd be sweet. truck looks sweet.

·
STOP MESSIN WITH MY SIGS
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mr Bravada said:
lol, i used to be up in the nose bleed section too, but i dropped mine 3/3 ish and it only rubs all the time, here's a pic of what it would be like to give ya a visual......i'm kinda liking the look with the spare on the back.....its that extra bling

DUDE THAT LOOKS SWEET...

·
STOP MESSIN WITH MY SIGS
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i wont ever go offroading,,,i have in my buddys truck but dont want to im more bling and cruz, punmp the systen and chill...but i need the traction that 4x4 gives me...boy am i glad i didnt get that zr2 or u guys would totally b raggin on me....lol

·
STOP MESSIN WITH MY SIGS
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
thanx 4 the compliments on the spare guys, im really glad im no thte only 1 that likes it, its not every day you see a spare matching 20 thats why i bought the jimmy with the exteriour mount. and im looking into drpooin it a little more now, probably not much like 2 inches or so. i haveto keep this truck running good as it is a daily driver so its not going to be a show truck also i only keep my rides for a year or so. im plaining on my next ride to be a 2wd colerado (i will be moving out of barrie aka the snow belt of ontario by next summer) or something else. bu i definately want to do a noma or s10 on bags when i have room to work on it. probably a 1g like a 90 or somethin.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts