S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The Newf
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure you all know what the interior looks like in an 84. Picture that with about a years worth of dirt and you got mine.

So I started the interior clean up. I don't think the the guy who had it before me has ever cleaned it.

I pulled the dash apart and cleaned every nook and cranny in there. Then I painted all the old silver panels black and reinstalled them. Looks pretty good too.

I need a new dash though. Cause the guy decided he would screw the tach down right in the centre of it and drill a hole through for the wires. But that's not too high on my priority list.

So 4 hours worth of cleaning and I'm a little happier about how it looks.

Now that I got something clean to work with I'll be pulling the seats out, Building my bench seat and installing carpet over the rubber floor that is in it now. Which brings me to a question.

Does anyone know where I can get a moulded carpet for an ext cab 4x4? I can get bulk automotive carpet around here for $35 a roll but if a moulded
one isn't too expensive I'd rather go that route.

I am thinking of going with a charcoal grey for the interior. And maybe upgrading to the 86+ style. Any input from you guys would be great as I haven't attempted a full interior before and I am just trying to get as much info as possible before the attempt.

One more question. How do you make the molded flames and such with the tweed? I love the way that looks and would like to try it.

Sorry for the novel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts