S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bagged my front this weekend..dumb me didnt take any pictures of the overall process. but here is how i did the gauges. i wasnt really sure how i was going to mount them and i was at autozone and saw this little console for 9.99 and bought it thinking i could mount it somehow on this. so i bought this and a holesaw and drilled out the bottom as well. the other switch next to the gauges are the on/off switch for the compressor. i think it looks good overall and im happy with it. and finaaaally got my front bags on. ill take pics of the truck later im at work but thought id show how i did the gauges. i have to switch the airlines around so the needles are right cause one is orange and one is black on different gauges but i was just happy to get it all up and running. all comments appreciated.

·
StraightEdge
503 Posts
that looks pretty good. the only thing is you gotta take your eyes off the road to see your status....but it's a clean job and looks P.I.M.P.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
How come you have the gauges rotated like 90*....I think it would be easiar to read them if they were straight (front-back)...

looks good tho...

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont know..i figured if im sitting there and i turned down to look at them then it'd be just like if they were mounted somewhere else ..its fine to me and easy to read just take a quick glance down

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
that's cool...if you like em' then right on!

you should get some of that vinyl paint, and paint it to match your interior....

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
you don't need one....but some people choose to run them.

I personally don't use one, but my G/F's little bro does...

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cause i didnt run it to an ignition wire and didnt like the idea of it just running to the battery being able to just turn on when im asleep or not in the truck...(if there were leaks and the comp had to kick on)..just the idea if it running to the battery and being able to kick on whenever i didnt like the idea of so i just put a switch on it..doesnt hurt and hey its another switch to play with

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
what weren't you sure on....you take a test light and go to your fuse box...test until you find one that turns on/off w/the key.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
didnt have a test light..didnt have a ride to get one..had a switch sitting there and had to have truck back together by that night so i just put the switch in. i like it

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
any other comments from people on how it looks besides on how i should of wired it? dont mean that to sound like an ahole comment just wondering what others think

1 - 15 of 15 Posts