S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
DILLIGAF
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really feel like a total idiot but it's been over ten year since I had Circuit City install an Alpine stereo in my extended cab. I always assumed the front speakers were working until the other day I stuck my head up in the window and listened. The front speaker are dead, so I pulled out the owners manual for the Alpine. I found out that it only has a front, rear, and sub channel. When they installed it they used an adapter plug to make it work so I just thought the dash was tied into the door speaker. Does anyone make a aftermarket radio that has a front, center, rear, or something to that effect? Or do I have to splice the dash and door speakers together?

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,163 Posts
Is it a 2 door Xcab? If so there aren’t any speakers in the dash..behind the speaker grilles there’s cardboard rectangles.

if not? The doors are the rear,front are the dash...of they’re OE speakers they’re probably bad

·
DILLIGAF
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it a 2 door Xcab? If so there aren’t any speakers in the dash..behind the speaker grilles there’s cardboard rectangles.

if not? The doors are the rear,front are the dash...of they’re OE speakers they’re probably bad
It's a '98 extended cab, two door. So I have no dash speakers then??? Do you think there is are any speaker wires there?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts