S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys Im new here, so I figured I'd show you my new fixer upper.

I picked up this truck from a friend that my Dad works with. Its a 86 S10, 2.5L FI, 5 Speed Manual. Has 150K on it. I've already put a Southern Box on it, and within a week I'll be getting a southern Cab, southern doors, and Southern Fenders, and new inner wheel wells, then its off to be painted :D

I haven't decided if I want to drop it yet, because I'll be driving it in the winter :(

·
Registered
66 Posts
go with a 6" long travel lift, instead of a drop

·
Registered
745 Posts
patience is a wonderful thing

Dont really matter what you do with it ,Youve got a starting place,I am almost finished with my 87 s-10(work and winter truck)it is original 2.5 with 5 speed ,air,and IROC wheels,but a frame off resto ,the truck is like new and cost me about 4,000 dollars to build.I will try to send some pics soon.Dont give up on your plan.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ConnecticutS10 said:
Sounds like u bought a fixer upper frame!
lol, yeah the only original body part that will be left is the hood :)

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: patience is a wonderful thing

rick said:
Dont really matter what you do with it ,Youve got a starting place,I am almost finished with my 87 s-10(work and winter truck)it is original 2.5 with 5 speed ,air,and IROC wheels,but a frame off resto ,the truck is like new and cost me about 4,000 dollars to build.I will try to send some pics soon.Dont give up on your plan.
Must be nice to have A/C :) Mine doesn't have it, but Im thinking of getting one of those after market A/C kits, in the late spring.

Well I think it will look nice once shes done. The real bonus is that she won't have any rust on her at all once done.

Since were having a new cab put on, were going to have the body shop sand blast the entire frame, and then paint it black. Then I'll get her rust proofed for the winter, and things will stay looking nice... er at least I hope :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts