S-10 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Some Day
5,605 Posts
looks good but I dont think that single 4 tab will work out... I thought I read on here that it will shear off the bolt

·
F**K STOCK
830 Posts
GuiltyByDesign said:
Yea, the spike is no problem.
The main advantage of stainless is that it is a lil more resistant to scratches and fading after being polished. And not everybody can weld aluminum. But stainless is heavier and not wanted in racing applications.
what all went into it building it........id like to build my own. btw what gauge steel did you use and how much was it?

·
trust me
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Its made of 14ga 308 stainless steel, cost $200 for a 4'x8' sheet back then. We opted to make it out of 6 pieces to show off my beads, i put an X in all the panels for strength then welded a filler neck from speedway motors and installed a sending unit from summit and 3 bungs (1 sending line, 1 return, 1 extra). And we are running a holley blue fuel pump. Dont forget to install a vent, i just cut a hole and installed a rubber grommet and valve cover breather.

·
trust me
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·

Attachments

·
mini' less.... :(
436 Posts
you guys want some updates?....gimme a minute and ill post the most recent pictures ive seen...hes a buddy of mine here...

·
mini' less.... :(
436 Posts
all the paint work is being done by Suicidal Customs in Joplin, Missouri

·
Mini Trucker For life
628 Posts
damn, this was a good thread to bring back. looking good!

61 - 80 of 97 Posts