S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
'94 S-10 Blazer
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey... I just purchased a 1994 S-10 Blazer 4x4 4dr V6 and I wanted to join a board like http://www.j-body.org because I used to own a cavalier. I think I have found the spot!

What I want to know is how much HP does my Vortech generate and weather my V6 engine has a tbi unit or not. Is there any engin mods that i can purchase from a site?

tedy :sheep: -will post pics of Blazer soon-

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
according to GM your motor makes 195 hp and 260 ft lbs of torque, and no yours is not a TBI motor its a CMFI (central multi-port fuel injection) motor its much better then a tbi motor. As for mods yes K&N makes a intake for it you can get headers for it exhaust and so on :thumbup:

·
MO. boy missing St.Louis!
137 Posts
CPI.............

You have a CPI ( "W" vin) with the '94 s-1o blazer. I have the same one. Great choice.:headbang:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Tommet...
I have a 93 S-1o Blazer, 4 dr, 4x4, with the Vortech 4.3 L.. I bought it with 84,500 on it... it has given me nothing but problems since..
First it was the CPI unit, then it was the EGR valve, then it was the cruise control, then it was the stereo deck, and now its the Catalytic Converter....
So i Have a question fo ryou.. any suggestions on the Cat problem.... you seem pretty knowledgeable.
Thanks
Scott

·
MO. boy missing St.Louis!
137 Posts
Dude!

The things I have learned on this site are beyond comprehension....... A real good gearhead to talk to about the CPI types like ours are Blueskyjack and I also recommend mkgearhead(?)(on the other site). Give up some info on what is happening and maybe we can help ya out. :dunno:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Tommet,
Thanks for the heads up.. I will look them up and send them a message. Ok, the deal is as follows.
Bought a 93 Blazer, W code Engine, Black, looked cherry 4x4, 4 door. I paid 5600 for it and it has 84,500 on it when i bought it. When i bought it, an independent mechanic said it would need a new tailpipe and would need the oil cooler lines either replaced or tightened. (for the record, i have done netiher of those things).
All of the above was appx 3 months ago. I have since put 3,300 miles on the truck (including a 1500 mile roadtrip back to CA from SD). Appx 500 miles after purchase, the CPI unit blew an o-ring and caused the unit to be replaced (600 bucks down the drain), 300 miles after that, the EGR valve went bad... another 100 bucks down the drain. Since then, i have driven cross country.. I had no problems except for the Cruise Control dying and a dead radio. Since i got back to CA, actually.. TODAY.. the Catalytic Converter decided to die and once it began to die, the check engine soon light came on, and the damn thing won't idle.

Ok, so my number one concern is why the Cat blew out... second concern is if i bought someone elses nightmare and what else am i going to have to replace...
Ok.. thanks.....
Scott

·
Registered
129 Posts
My personal opinion... if you have to get a new cat converter then you might as well get a high flow cat, and maybe exhaust. After that comes headers... etc. But every little jump you make when it comes to air restriction will be noticable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts