S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i wanted a double din so i bought the Pioneer AVHP4000

this is what i started with

i had to cut out some stuff because the cd playre was to long (had to cut were the red line is) forgot to take a pic

then i made a frame (not the best but it works)

mounted the frame with L brackets (forgot to take pic) but this is what it looked like after mounting

after i made sure it was in there good i put the cd player in

i sanded down the cracks were i put the frame together and covered it in tweed.

·
2002 Chevy S10 Xtreme
83 Posts
How do you control your HVAC? :p
Nice but to me there is a lot of "empty" space. Also use speaker cloth - it will look nicer. Maybe even drill out 1" holes on either side and add two tweeters between and hide it with speaker cloth all around. There's your center channel and its actually putting the space to use.

I think you can get speaker cloth (black) at partsexpress.com or a few other places for good pricing!

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
lol @ tweeters for center channel

:haha:

·
Sparks Light Up My World
629 Posts
well i wanted a double din so i bought the Pioneer AVHP4000

this is what i started with

i hope you cut out those butt connectors, and soldered the connections...hate to do all that work and have a bump in the road cut the power out.....

·
forum idiot
49,646 Posts

·
Hmm.. well now..
2,213 Posts
If you hit a bump hard enough the knock the wires around so much that they'll come out, then your motor would probably fall out too.
When my dads buddy put the headunit in our old car, he used butt connectors like that, but they had heatshrink on them, and he just heated them up. I think that would help keep them together no?
He was an A/C tech, I haven't saw connectors w/ the heat shrink on them around..

1 - 20 of 41 Posts