S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It reached the dealer today & I'm gonna pick it up tomorrow. We'll start the swap nest week. I can't wait, the 2.8 died last november!:bash: :bash: :bash:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
cost of a 3.4

I spent $2100 for the motor, a new clutch (stock) plus seals & gaskets to swap the front cover, an 'O' ring for the distributor shaft, release bearing & pilot bushing. The list prices add up to more than $2700.00 and I'm sure the dealer got full markup on all the little stuff. Also I had installed a new H2O pump & thermostat 20K b/4 the rod knock started, the starter is only a few yrs. old as is the 'Y' pipe 'N I'm re-using all the sensors, etc. as they all worked the MAP & O2 were replaced aleady.

I'll be doing it at work, working the evenings so it's gonna take a few days. Wish it would install itself!:bash: :bash:

GM was not kidding it really does come in a crate!!:)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Half way there!

The engine/trans is out. pulled it last night, expect to dress the crate motor tonite. Hope it goes back in easy

Attachments

·
T/A drivin foundin member
538 Posts
wanna sell the dead 2.8? the more i drive mine, the more i think theyd make an awesome go-karrt engine!

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
ONEBDGMC said:
wanna sell the dead 2.8? the more i drive mine, the more i think theyd make an awesome go-karrt engine!
Sure! i'll make ya a good deal for engine/tranny and i will even throw in a t-case. the t-case needs seals but works great.

the tranny is a 700r4.

·
T/A drivin foundin member
538 Posts
what kinda shape is the engine tranny in?

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
ONEBDGMC said:
what kinda shape is the engine tranny in?

k now i think i am following you...

engine had 120+k on it. when it decided to die. I havent pulled the head but i am certian a hole developed in the #6 pistion will verify that if you want I ran compressed air into there and it came out the valve covers... the bottom end was fine. it ran great till it decided to change it's timing. was my fault **** tiedown wasnt tight and i musta bumped it off time. tranny didnt have any problems except it kept loosing tranny fluid for a while... I found where it went when i drained the t-case but thats a common problem with older ones and just needs a few seals.

any other questions just ask. oh i do have the wireing for its computer also.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts