S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Bass Junkie
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone out in S-10 Forum land know if Boyd Coddington Wheels have a system where you can turn in a bent rim and in turn get another for a minimal cost?? I just noticed my rim this evening was bent in around the lip. Not bad enough to let air out but its very unsitely. Hopefully they have some sort of dealy since these daarn rims are kinda pricey. Thanks to anyone in advance fo any info....Peeeze

·
Bass Junkie
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh Man that's cool! I didnt want to spend $$$ on a new rim. Like I said its really not that bad of a ding but it did buckle the metal. Does it weaken the rim? I guess I know what I will be doin this weekend. Thanks for the 411!!:D

·
BLUEBYU
465 Posts
Another casualty

Sounds like your another casualty who has bent a Boyd wheel.Their are reasons why Boyd's are cheaper than everyone else's.I know a guy who bent one with a 255-45-18 tire on it.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Boyd's = Cheap??? I thought they were good? How much is cheap... Where can I get a cheap set of Timeless 5 18's? The best I found is $1800 + shipping w/ tires (not bad, but not cheap)

DogP

·
Bass Junkie
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So Boyds are notorious, eh??

Well I spent around 2400 $$$ on my 18" Stingrays which included my 40 series Nitto 555's. And that was with a discount from Discount Tire.:thumbup: Well I hope those things hold up until I get my new rig in about a year. Buying a Lexus...hehe:D

·
BLUEBYU
465 Posts
Well I just got my 17x8 Billet Specialties GTX-02's shipped to my door for $1115.I could have gotten a set of Boyd's for $925 shipped.But these wheels are polished on both sides and the 18x8 Boyd Timeless 5's I had couldn't hold a candle to these wheels.Plus the guy I talked to at Dealer's Sportruck told me Boyd wheels are having problems with the welds breaking on the back of their wheels.Plus I have read this on some forums of fellow truck owners who have had this problem.Why you think their 20's are so much cheaper than everyone else's?Hell they aren't welding them up all the way.

·
Registered
62 Posts
BADRIDES said:
Well I just got my 17x8 Billet Specialties GTX-02's shipped to my door for $1115.I could have gotten a set of Boyd's for $925 shipped.But these wheels are polished on both sides and the 18x8 Boyd Timeless 5's I had couldn't hold a candle to these wheels.Plus the guy I talked to at Dealer's Sportruck told me Boyd wheels are having problems with the welds breaking on the back of their wheels.Plus I have read this on some forums of fellow truck owners who have had this problem.Why you think their 20's are so much cheaper than everyone else's?Hell they aren't welding them up all the way.

You will have NO trouble with Billet Specialties. They are awesome. I have had atleast 3 sets.

Stef

·
BLUEBYU
465 Posts
Stay away from cast wheels.These are definately the cheaper made billet wheels.Eagle wheels are cast and I know a guy who knocked a big chunk out of his wheel when he hit a curb running like 5mph.

·
BLUEBYU
465 Posts
The Boyd cast wheels might be a better quality than say the Eagle cast wheels.But after you have a set of Billet Specialties or Budnik's you won't have anything else.

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
yikes i was gonna get an 18" rim now i think i'm gonna go with a 17 and bigger tires.....scarin' the $hit outa me....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Know it sounds cheap but how are the American Racing Lonboards. I was thinkin of pickin up 18's. The rims are supposed to be billet. jus wondering.

Is anyone outhere running Intro wheels? Got pics?

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
now that i know how easy it is to bend them i might get a cheaper wheel myself.....

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got 18x7 boyds with 225/40 tires up front (also a 5" drop)and I have not bent a rim. My buddy gota suburban w/ 20s and about a 6" sidewall and hes bent all 4 rims. If you drive like an ******* your gonna bend any rim

1 - 20 of 58 Posts