S-10 Forum banner

My BBW

9K views 188 replies 17 participants last post by  IhaveNoPantsOn 
#1 ·

Big brown wagon. What were you thinking…?
So, I saved another 80’s shitbox from the junkyard. Found this 85 Country Squire a couple days before Christmas at the same local yard I found my Blazer several years ago.

91k miles.

Fenders have some rot, and there’s a couple dents in the rear doors, but otherwise the body and paint are really nice. Just needs a good buffing.

Undercarriage is extremely clean.

Interior is a mouse sanctuary. But aside from the turds and nesting everywhere, it’s in really nice shape.

Enough room to seat me and 7 of my closest friends. I don’t have 7 friends.

It has been sitting for a while.

Last inspected 11 years ago. Previous owner bought it in ‘88, with 30k miles on it. At some point he stopped driving it and went into a soldier’s home, where he passed away December of 2020. Family sold the car to the yard April of ‘21, where it sat till I saved it.

This car is very complete and very, very original. TBI 302, AOD trans, with a 3.08 open diff.

Every sensor, switch and module under the hood has the old Motorcraft logo and/or an original Ford part # on it.
Only missing the spare tire and the converters that the yard cut off for scrap. Needs a fuel pump/pumps to run. Apparently this system uses a low and a high pressure pump. I could only find the one in the tank. With just a new battery, and not touching anything else, it’ll run off starting fluid.
I’ve already ordered the pumps and both converters. Should be running and driving by the end of the week.
Immediate plans after that are wheels and tires and lowering it. I’ll probably leave the drivetrain alone for now and just drive it this summer. But, we’ll see.

See less See more
#3 ·
Me too. I’ve wanted a 70’s to 90’s full or midsize wagon for years. A G body would’ve been ideal, but those are starting to go for crazy $$. I just happened to stumble upon this one. The yard is only a couple miles from work, and my boss is cool with me keeping and working on it there. That’s really the only reason I was able to buy it. If I brought it home, I would be sleeping in it. But, unfortunately this does mean once it’s on the road, I’m getting rid of the Blazer.

#14 ·
Got the big girl up on the lift at work and started poking around.
She’s gonna need more than just a fuel pump.

So. Rusty.
Got my friend at NAPA tracking down a new tank. Hopefully early next week. This car doesn’t actually have two fuel pumps, like the interwebs said. But, neither of the ones I ordered is correct. NAPA can get the right one for tomorrow, but I’ll have to clean up and reuse the carrier. The fuel level sender is also garbage, but it basically no longer exists. I haven’t pulled it from the tank yet, but I’ll see if it might clean up and work.
Turns out she is a proper shitbox.

Both front door bottoms are made of riveted on aluminum flashing, slathered in body filler. But look at that frame!

You can see the rear swaybar mounting holes in the lower trailing arm, so obviously that’ll be getting added soon.
Got the exhaust done, aside from the mufflers. Those should be here Monday.

Stock converters and factory optional dual exhaust H pipe. Waiting on a pair of cheap turbo mufflers from Summit. Same price as stock mufflers, but will have a little more grumble when you get on it. Gotta figure out where/how to run some tailpipes. Gonna exit somewhere in front of the rear wheels. Looking forward to getting it running and thrashing it around.

#16 ·
Hmmmmmmmm… so, the wheelbase of the wagon is 114.3”. The wheelbase of a final gen Crown Vic is 114.7”. Interesting. There’s running, driving, relatively low mileage Police Interceptors for sale all over Craigslist and Marketplace for as little as $1200. Very interesting…

#22 ·
Got the exhaust completed tonight.

I’ll probably run some turn downs eventually. Only reason for the little tailpipes is so I had something to hang it by.
NAPA couldn’t locate a tank, so I just ordered one from RockAuto. It should be here Friday. That means hopefully I can get everything together and have it running Saturday. Hopefully.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.