S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Draggin body member
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is a picture of my bed..right after we made the cut (this was awhile ago, its all finished up) I made the upper cut as high as i could so you wouldnt be able to see where it was welded.It was a whore to weld, let me tell ya. Had the bed upside down..just a pain.

---------------------------------------
Here is my original bag setup.

----------------------------------------
and here is truck truck layin

----------------------------------------
kinda a stupid pic to show how much of a lift kit i got :D

-----------------------------------------------------
chillin outside

--------------------------------------------------
The motor doesnt even stick out :D

----------

if anyone wants any specific pics of the the bd...just holla..

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Looks good. In that second pic that shock scares me. I know u probly changed but shocks work best straight up. Probly already know this. Looks sweet though I wanna see it rail.

·
Draggin body member
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea..that bag setup is old news...doing something custom now..i was thinkin doing cups in back.and some crazy bend tubing..i dunno we will see what in time.

·
Draggin body member
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
baggn..it is to the rockers..that is before we cut the pinch welds off and welded them up.

I forgot to mention that. Its been on jackstands since i cut them off so no pics of it on the ground but i have pics of it w/pinch's cut

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
are you going to weld it up where th pinch used to be??? I plan on tacking it together until it comes time for me to cap it off....

When I welded my bed I had a hard time, I didnt realize it but the wire was like .035 and it burned through like every other time I tried to tack, but I think I did ok.

What did you do on the cab corners on the inside in the back, I ended up just shutting off the entire coner... I'd like to see pics of every single place you had to cut and weld... lol even though I'm practily done I still enjoy seeing how everyone else did theirs...

·
Bolt-On Body Dropz
2,617 Posts
I used .030 on my bed and never blew a hole through any of it, maybe you should turn your heat down a little bit.

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
Well I'm using .030 now and it works fine other than the fact that its flux core, plus I basicly learned how to weld on the b/d, lol so that wasnt that good, but doing the b/d I've learned so many things I'm gonna do different next time...

L

·
0 Posts
pick up some .023/.025 and hool up some gas and it will be alot easier to weld on sheetmetal.

Anywho Drag It the truck looks pimp shizzle.

·
Draggin body member
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea..i never have used flux core on anything. I like welding with gas b/c of the clean look when done.

Yes i am going to weld up where the pinchs used to be.

On the back of my inside cab corners. are cut straight in line with the floor..i just kept going straight back..it was really hard to weld down in there, but I managed to do it pretty good...

The only thing i hated about my bd was the firewall.
The passanger side was easy, it was when we got to the driver side that bothered me. It wasnt all that bad, just very time consuming and you have to be so precise when making the pieces or it just looks bunk.
And with my old ass dime, the oil and shit that was on the firewall caused some problems. but were over that now :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts