S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So where do I start this thread?? Well about the time I left all of the forums, I was dealing with a crazy ex girlfriend (this will come into play later..) add in school and trying to KEEP my full time job and it was a boat load.

Fast forward almost 1 year... It's my current (not crazy) GF and my 1 year.. great weekend! The week following however didn't go as hot. Tuesday morning I woke up to "Someone hit your truck, not hit it, but used something to hit it.." great. So I go out to this sight >> Pictures!!

Someone thought it would be nice to take a crowbar to my truck more then 6 times. Good stuff right?? We'll I got the quote from a local garage to fix it - $3,650!

before you ask, no I didn't have full coverage. So it comes out of my pocket!

SOOO, it's time for a rebuild. I haven't given this truck much attention any ways, just drove it and dragged it.. fixing things here and there that needed doing.

So the plan looks like this so far:

-Replace windsheild - DONE! 6/13
-Replacment of the drivers side fender
-Work out all other dents - we feel they are workable..
-ABS delete w/ a hydroboost upgrade
-20 inch rollers
-Front wheel tubs
-Relocate all wiring underhood into the cab - Clean.
-Finish up the new SFBD bed we were working on to hide all the air goodies
-Build a new center console/rear sub box
-Dakota Digital upgrade
-and best of all a FULL repaint.

SOO on with the pictures!!

This is what the truck looked like (after the windsheild install) at the start of all of this...

Underhood:
Note the Gatorade bottle as a catch can - 3 years running! - and missing blower fan - it fell out :)

After about an hour worth of work after the windsheild install the front bumper, grill, headlights and front drivers fender (bolts) were all removed. Tomorrow I'll be removing the ABS and fuse block to get the fender off. This is the end product of todays work.

more to come..

·
has no indigoblue2kdime.
904 Posts
Re: My 98 Sonoma Rebuild - 56k warning - Lots of pictures..

shittttty. i'd be so pissed if someone nailed my truck like that.

·
has no indigoblue2kdime.
904 Posts

ahh i see, i thought i recognized the truck. that sucks dude.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

Well made a stop to pick up some goodies today...

Ford Taurus E-Fan - $20

Sanden SD7 Compressor - $40

Stock 20gal Gas tank - $20

Some time down the road I'm hoping to section the stock gas tank to give myself even more clearence.

Got a bit further today on the break down.. I only have about 2 hours max to work on this thing from day to day, but still trying to keep things moving.. Ripped out the ABS junk, fuse block was removed and finally the fender was pulled.

In the next few days the AC box will be yanked along with the lines, brake booster and a few other items. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Well got a bit further tonight... I wasn't able to find my way to the garage except for a few hours late Sunday night.. I found out saturday morning that I did in fact get my first house, so that is pretty kickass! Brand new 2 car garage!

Well for tonights work - I got the AC stuff fully pulled, box, lines and pump. Also found out the the Sanden compressor that I picked up will not bolt up the the factory bolt location like I had thought.. So I'll have to do a bit of checking into that to see what the deal is, I'm guessing I got the wrong one.(?)

The M/C was also pulled, hopefully the booster will be off tomorrow... these things are a ***** btw, 4 whole bolts and hard as hell to get at. Pissed.

Here is what we were left with at the end of the night..

·
De-extremed S-10 Sonoma?
30 Posts

Sucks about the damage to the truck. I have a clean drivers' side indigo blue fender for sale. PM me if you are interested.

·
Welding Member
6,314 Posts

dude that sucks hope you get every thing worked out with who ever did the damage but yea trucks looks like its comein along perty good keep up the good work :tup:

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Well since the forum crashed and lost most of the posts, I'll try and update this thing a bit.

Jan 9th, 2007

Well here is a much needed update..

Well I'm finally settled in the new house, it took quite a while before the truck made it's way over here, with all of the moving in and stuff. We also trailered the new bed back to my place so I could get it out of storage.

I know how everyone likes the pictures so here we go:

The truck as is at the new place..

So on to the bed - Like I mentioned in my first post we started on this thing some time ago.. basically we raised the bed floor 6 inches so the wheel wells sit just under the bed rails.

Old bed removed and the air ride stuffs removed..

teh frame

A look at how the tanks will most likely be setup, you'll have to use your imagination..

...A little look at what the bed looked like thanks to the dragging.. both sides were buckled pretty good and both bed supports were broke off. I'm going to try and avoid this with the new bed :no:

Tomorrow I'm hoping to the brake booster shortened and bolted back up, and maybe a few other things if I find the time.[/b]

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Jan 10th, 2007

Well today was a pretty short day.. feeling kind lazy. But ended up getting the hydroboost linkage shortened and welded back up.

The unit as I bought it along with the stock booster rod..

Cut..

The two pieces with a small piece of round stock to weld them up with..

The two fitted together - pre-welded

And finally the finished product!

Hopefully this week I'll find some time to get hydro lines to run to this mother and it'll be ready to button back up. I also need to make a bracket this week to bolt on the 709 in the stock AC location, as well as plugging up the original brake booster vacuum line.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Jan 11th, 2007

Well not too much to tell just yet.. today I ended up getting the hydroboost unit sandblasted and ready to paint. Started yanking stuff out of the truck to get this bastard in.. I'm working on a hydroboost how to maybe even, if there is enough interest...

Ordered up a Proportioning valve today, hopefully I'll see that soon. Tomorrow I should have a new hydro lines if all goes well, it not by the weekend at the latest. Pics to come! For now all you get is this..

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

March 25th, 2007 (Today)

Well this weekend I spent most of Sunday working on the truck.. I ended up building a battery holder to stash it under the bed. The air tanks also made there way onto the frame.. hopefully this week I'll get the air ride all re-plumbed and in close to working order. The engine driven comp is still in the works..

Any ways.. on to todays pictures..

Mock up!

Finished product - top view

Finished product - Rear view

·
Registered
457 Posts

when i saw the white fender on your truck, i thought you might have snagged it off the Bravada.. haha

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

when i saw the white fender on your truck, i thought you might have snagged it off the Bravada.. haha
LOL not yet... I need that truck to stay together for now.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Tonight I managed to get the engine driven comp (Sedan 709) all mounted. The mounting bracket is still in need of a little love.. but it bolts up and what not. Over the weekend I'll get it all finished.

This weekend I'd like to get the hydroboost unit bolted up and and the brakes plumbed.. I'm still waiting on my custom hyrdo line that runs from the booster to the steering box.

PictureS!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Your putting a security system on it aswell, you just don't know it yet :).
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'll be doing that as well.. Security system on it and in it.. stashed behind my seat. :D

1 - 20 of 183 Posts