S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
weatherman
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was driving home wednesday night and i was pulling into my yard when i heard the right front side collapse...my lower ball joint broke. what made me even madder was the fact that i had a full allignment done on it that very same morning. they were supposed to check the ball joints and they didn't...it cost me 65 to get it towed, and 138 to get new ball joints on both sides
here is a pic of what happened...sorry for the quality of the pics, it was dark and the nightvision wasn't working too well

Attachments

·
weatherman
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i plan on getting one soon. i'm getting a checkmate hard cover nest week, then i'll notch my frame. maybe after that i'll get a rollpan. any other suggestions?

·
I have a Civic now
3,786 Posts
Damn

RedSpeck_09 said:
i was driving home wednesday night and i was pulling into my yard when i heard the right front side collapse...my lower ball joint broke. what made me even madder was the fact that i had a full allignment done on it that very same morning. they were supposed to check the ball joints and they didn't...it cost me 65 to get it towed, and 138 to get new ball joints on both sides
here is a pic of what happened...sorry for the quality of the pics, it was dark and the nightvision wasn't working too well
Holy sh!t, now that tucking some rim man, lol, did that mess up your rim any? Truck looks good, lots better than the before pic.

Nathan:afro:

·
weatherman
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nah...i was lucky...i was barely moving when it gave out. i'm very lucky because most of my driving is 80 mph on the interstate. if it would've happened there i'd probably be dead right now

·
Chevy Rules!
144 Posts
RedSpeck_09 said:
nah...i was lucky...i was barely moving when it gave out. i'm very lucky because most of my driving is 80 mph on the interstate. if it would've happened there i'd probably be dead right now
Yes very lucky. That is scary as hell.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
phat96 said:
LOOKS SWEET MY ONLY SUGGESTION IS TO GET A ROLLPAN!
Do you have that bound to a key or something? Because you tell everybody that. Or ask them how much their paint job costs. :tool:

BTW, truck looks good, man! :thumbup: Sorry about the ball joint.

:02redxbla

·
weatherman
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i scrape in some places but its not too bad. i have to use ramps to get into my garage now though because my driveway isn't concrete. i haven't scraped any speed bumps. you just have to be careful.

S

·
0 Posts
i was about to insult your truck before i saw the after pic. glad to see you lost the running boards and those POS looking things on your bed, looks good.

·
Registered
51 Posts
5-6 drop is like GRAND SLAM huh? im scared it might get stuck in bumps or something...well i have a auto trans 97 x-cab...wel theres this annoyin nut or bolt on the bottom sticks out an 1" !!!
any ideas there?

·
weatherman
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
what can do about the chevy lean? i know about the spacer from belltech and i'll get that for up front, the rear end also sits about an inch lower on the driver's side. i don't really want to go with 2" block if i don't have to. is there another way of leveling it out?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts