S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
YOOUUU BBEEETTT!!!, Joshua 1:9
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okok... now i've got an '89 4.3l S-10 extended bed... now from what i know there hasn't been any engine work done on it... now i was thinking of lowering it over the Christmas Break (it was at standard height) now i was curious if lowering it would cause any affect to the engine performance... and a second question is... what type of mods could i do on to make it peppier (peppy is her name :D ) now i've heard of adding NOS, and a supercharger, headers, a new cam, etc... now what i wanna know is what's the cheapest thing i can add that would make the most HP... now my problem is... is that it's extremely light in the back... if i give it maybe quarter throttle it peals out... now my trucks is pretty fast already... from what i've counted... it does 0-50mph in about 6sec maybe slower or faster not completely sure, but i can keep up with mustangs (for a little bit ... :p ) so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... thanks!!!
GOD BLESS!!!
Croz

·
T/A drivin foundin member
538 Posts
croznut said:
okok... now i've got an '89 4.3l S-10 extended bed... now from what i know there hasn't been any engine work done on it... now i was thinking of lowering it over the Christmas Break (it was at standard height) now i was curious if lowering it would cause any affect to the engine performance... and a second question is... what type of mods could i do on to make it peppier (peppy is her name :D ) now i've heard of adding NOS, and a supercharger, headers, a new cam, etc... now what i wanna know is what's the cheapest thing i can add that would make the most HP... now my problem is... is that it's extremely light in the back... if i give it maybe quarter throttle it peals out... now my trucks is pretty fast already... from what i've counted... it does 0-50mph in about 6sec maybe slower or faster not completely sure, but i can keep up with mustangs (for a little bit ... :p ) so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... thanks!!!
GOD BLESS!!!
Croz
ok lowering wont affect engine perfomance, as long as you dont tear of the pan or anyhitng. as far as mods, K&N filter, flowmaster, and chip are where most guys start
if you want to add nos as well as a supercharger, and have some knowledge of how difficult it is to do, more power to ya, i just dont want you to get hosed. as far as the traction, rear traction bars, ahould help things out

·
YOOUUU BBEEETTT!!!, Joshua 1:9
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ohhh okok thanks man!!! when i get the money all saved up i'll have to look into stuff...
take care!!!
GOD BLESS!!!
Croz

·
Registered
107 Posts
hey ive got an 89 s10 with the 4.3L engine what causes me to peel out often is my excessively hard gas pedal. Is this normal. Where can i get the rear traction bars at.

·
538 Posts
auto parts store, thy're universal for leaf sprung vehicles:horse:

·
Registered
111 Posts
about how much does rear traction bars cost? are they hard to install?

and ONEBDGMC.. i see that you have 14" K&N open element filter... what kind of open element air cleaner assembly did you get? i tried lookin for one that will fit on 89' JImmy s-15 4.3L.. but 14" always hits the radiator hose.. and anything that sits higher have hood clearance problem.. so rigth now i ordered a 10" edelbrock..
tell me what you got. thanks

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
99 bux gets you a zexel form slp :)

then get some wider tires under the rear it will help with traction..
tb spacer will help with the tbi engiine new heads would help a ton a sc or turbo is fairly hard to find for the older trucks as they arent produced nemore :(
nitrous is an easy solution but you do have to refill...
full exaust will help a ton...

350 will definitely help out :)

·
Registered
402 Posts
i have the universal traction bars on my 94 s-10 and they work very good eliminating wheel hop

·
538 Posts
my 14 hit the rad hose but uts not a problem

·
Registered
107 Posts
IM TRYING TO SELL A PAIR OF KENWOOD 4X10 160 WATT SPEAKERS. I HAD THEM IN MY TRUCK FOR A WEEK BUT IM DECIDING TO GO WITH 6X9'S INSTEAD. I'LL SELL THEM FOR $75. I NEED TO GET RID OF THEM QUICK. EMAIL ME AT [email protected]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts