S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright folks! Getting my thoughts out on paper - and to share with all you guys out there!

First things first - STOCK sucks! - I'm going for an all-out custom on this thing.

I've decided to retain the original frame. I'm looking at implementing an IFS (haven't decided yet which), a new rear-end, 4 link, and bags.

I went over and did some measuring today on the 54. The width of the frame at the bed is 38 inches, it continues to widen to 46 inches at the rear of the frame. My intentions is to straighten the frame from this point back - making it parallel. I also intend on removing <i>10</i> inches from the end of the frame (this removing the stock bumper) and then boxing it in.

The original bed for a 54 is 80in long. (A 2nd gen S-10 is 76in). I'm going to take the s-10 bed - remove 10inches from the middle of the bed, <i>remove 4 inches from the side of the bed at the rear</i> and then reweld the bed together. I also intend on welding the tailgate shut and removing the s-10 taillights and frenching in some custom tail-lights into the tailgate.

I'll do some minor alterations to the 54 fenders so that they will conform to the surface of the s-10 bed and then weld them to the s-10 bed.

I'm going to be C-Notching the frame - for bags of course. It's at this time that I'm gonna move the axel to inches forward so that it will center up with the fenders on the new bed (which are 2 inches forward now).

Looking to do a 3inch chop on the cab, smooth the hood - got vents for hood sides.

Engine - undecided. Tranny - 4spd auto. Paint - Dark purple - pearl coat. Wheels - 17in Torque Thrust II's. 5% tint sides and rear. Exhaust - undecided.

·
Visual-Insanity.org
249 Posts
Can i stand there and watch while drop scratches my nuts?:spam:

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
sounds good southern , now get to work lol

·
Visual-Insanity.org
249 Posts
hehehehe

<i>--- I get the point - Southern</i>

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Removed the headlights and headlight retaining buckets from the fenders today - They are in rather good condition with only some minor surface rust on one of them. Anyway the leaves the fenders ready to be sanded, reshaped, and primered...

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
hey south, too bad on the truck....i know we will find one to work on soon!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts