S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked this up this evening, it's pretty ragged out.

Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, but here's a few pics he had on craigslist and emailed me.

He said its been sitting for 2yrs, couldn't get it to start, but its getting fuel and spark to the dist.

The coil wire was all corroded and I bet the distibutor cap is corroded on the inside. Not to mention 2yr old gas.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It had been in an accident and wiped out front tube bumper.

It had, had the rear spare tire carrier but its gone, as well as the skid plates.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I picked it up in southern in, Loogootee

He originally wanted $400 for it and had been on craigslist since dec 15, I offered him $250 and he said come and get it.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's an 88, really not that bad of shape but it does have some rust here and there.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its got like tree sap and mold all over it, you can tell it was sitting for 2yrs.

I mostly bought it for the light bar and back bumper, but if I can get it running, even more better:haha:

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
They made the Baja in Ext. cab form?

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
Guess they did, here are some RPO's if someone is questioning one they may be buying:

The S-10 Baja is an optional appearance package that was put on any type 4wd S-10 (regular-cab w/ short-box, regular-cab w/ long box and extended-cab w/ short box) from 1988 to 1991. The trucks came in 3 colors: Midnight Black, Apple Red and Frost White. The Baja option included: a roll bar with off-road lights, a front tubular grille guard with fog lights, a tubular rear bumper, an under-body shield package (transfer case shield, front differential shield, fuel tank shield, oil pan/steering linkage shields), a suspension package, a Chevrolet windshield banner, Baja decals on the box sides and one inch wide body striping. Extra cost Baja options included: a cargo-net end-gate, aluminum outlaw wheels and a special box-mounted spare tire carrier w/ aluminum wheel.
In 1991 the S10 Bajas came with BAJA embroidered on the seat backs and unique door panel trim.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
get it running. Trying it to start it on 2 yr. old gas was your biggest mistake. Get a can of starter fluid and spray it down the throttle body, see if it starts that way.

I'd gut that bitch out and use it strictly as a trail truck. SFA the bitch with some cheap axles and throw a junkyard V8 in it

·
American Muslce
227 Posts
if you part it out if the cab is still good I'd be interested in getting it.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This thing might be salvageable, got it started today with some starting fluid and a battery charger.

It ran rough but it ran. As I had it running it died and then wouldn't start again and the realized gas was running down the top of the tank. Line probably rotted or chewed into.

Now I have to take the bed off and check that out.

We now have 3+ inches of snow, so it'll have to wait awhile.

Oh and its an 89 not 88.

1 - 20 of 227 Posts