S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
B4U Task Force Admin
25,286 Posts
Moved to Exhaust.

Everyone has different tastes. You might look on YouTube. I have a single in/dual out Magnaflow. Sounds just like a V8...until you start it...but not bad when running.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
25,286 Posts
You're not going to like that after awhile. The drone will get to be unbearable...no matter how young you are... ?

Reactions: superj

·
Lifelong S-10 Owner
510 Posts
I would at least turn it out the side before the right rear wheel. Keeps the fumes out from underneath the truck.

·
Been there Done it
8,972 Posts
My 2500 HD, I know different engine, had the tail pipe rusted completely through right at the back end of the muffler. The drone at highway speeds was deafening. By simply replacing the tail pipe the drone went away but the throaty sound of the 6.0 is still there. Tail pipes are cheap. and easy to install.

·
the new guy
906 Posts
on my 16 year old son's 92, his pipe broke at the end behind the cat. the drone was terrible in his extended cab. at first, he loved it because everyone at school thought it sounded awesome but about a month into it he asked if I could do the tail pipe like on my 98, totally stock, minus no muffler, so its just a pipe back from the cat and over the axle which exits behind the passenger wheel. I did it for him two weeks ago.

now, it sounds so much better and I cannot hear him coming from two streets over. his friends that come over with him also said its sooooo much better in the truck. they said now you can hear the radio and talk normally.

outside on the passenger side though, it still sounds like a v8 even though its a little 6. that pipe coming off the cat and running out the back really adds to the sound making t

1 - 8 of 8 Posts