S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, since a cut out is out of the question, how does a gibson muffler sound compared to flowmaster. Is either one better hp wise or is there another alternative that is better. Thanks for the help so far.

·
Medium Pimpin'
2,403 Posts
ram air scare said:
Alright, since a cut out is out of the question, how does a gibson muffler sound compared to flowmaster. Is either one better hp wise or is there another alternative that is better. Thanks for the help so far.
they sound like crap and don't have the same power, i believe they are a bit weaker........

·
I'm in hot puuurrrsuit!!
227 Posts
Opionins are like *** holes...everyones got one, gibson is not crap by any means. Both give 5% increase with just muffler. Flowmaster might sound alittle deeper or louder depends what you like. Neither sound like rice or glasspacks mufflers.

·
Moving Violationz NE Member
354 Posts
DO NOT GET ME in on this one.

Ok well you did it XC 2k. There is no way in hell Gibson is louder then Flowmaster. I know for a fact. Flowmaster is deeper,louder and better(maybe not stainless steel but owell(lasts forever)

Ask Xtreme Weasel about the Mass meet. there was a kid there with GIBSON on he V6 and MY 4CYL sounded better and was louder than his. Plus I have added an intake since.

There is no opionin on this FLOWMASTER ALL THE WAY.

Kevin( dont argue with me on this one) LMFAO:uhoh:

·
I'm in hot puuurrrsuit!!
227 Posts
99mXz said:
DO NOT GET ME in on this one.

Ok well you did it XC 2k. There is no way in hell Gibson is louder then Flowmaster. I know for a fact. Flowmaster is deeper,louder and better(maybe not stainless steel but owell(lasts forever)

Ask Xtreme Weasel about the Mass meet. there was a kid there with GIBSON on he V6 and MY 4CYL sounded better and was louder than his. Plus I have added an intake since.

There is no opionin on this FLOWMASTER ALL THE WAY.

Kevin( dont argue with me on this one) LMFAO:uhoh:

I never said that gibson was louder, deeper, or better.....but saying gibson is crap, I feel your wrong. A 4 banger is a 4banger no matter what muffler is on it. I am not going argue because I personally couldnt give a **** less whos got what on there truck to be honest. :rolleyes:

·
Med School member
179 Posts
A 4 banger is always louder than a 6, but I am biased cuz I have a flowmaster. But to the "naked ear" people will not notice a difference.

Either one you will be satisfied. But as the others said, Flowmaster is deeper, and a little tin sounding.

·
Moving Violationz NE Member
354 Posts
Kevin I'm just toolen with you. Just need to get you going like a Girl getting it. LMFAO

Flowmaster babe

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I really don't know what I'm talking about, but I just wanted your opinion on this... http://www.jcwhitney.com/catsubpic.jhtml?CATID=35317&BQ=st . It is some replacement exhaust system, and in the catalog they sent me it seems like they are saying that it doesn't have a muffler, just two resonated tips... does that seem right? I would like a dual exhaust system with a fairly deep tone, but would this one actually sound deep like it says (or at least good), and what about performance? It also has free shipping :) . Thanks,

DogP

1 - 10 of 10 Posts