S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
No S-Series... Just a GTO
11,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, Im thinking about getting a Flowmaster 40 series, single in, dual out muffler and having it installed with tips on the end, but I heard that it will be way loud. I want to hear other things besides my muffler, and I dont want to install something thats not going to compliment my intake at all. I want performance, style, and something thats not going to blow my ears off, inside or outside of the cab.. Please let me know any suggestions you all have... I also want to still be able to hear my 2 10's pounding some deep bass! :dunno:

·
11,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thats cool... Id like to hear those... Did you dynamatt your interior or anything, or is it all still stock?

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
the Flow 40 with duals i had, never any problem except the deep resonance on the highway, but my 2 10" took care of that. its not going to be so loud you cant hear anything else...dont think top fuel when you think duals.

·
11,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh Im not... but my buddy put some duals on his mustang and it sounds like crap.. It sounds worse than ricers do, and I just dont want mine to sound like that.. You can also hear his really prominently in the car

·
LT1 Powered
2,467 Posts
I would say its not a real problem in your car as long as you have zero leaks, and it exits the rear of the vechicle. when you have a turndown or a dump, or exit before the rear tire, it tends to be louder inside the cab

·
11,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah.. I was thinking about putting the exits right in front of the rear wheel, to give it more of the look the Lightnings have (anybody seen this?), but that would be louder.. Also, will the exhaust compliment my intake and engine in any way, and will I see any HP gains?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts