S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Horsepower Fiend
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok someone has to know this. Does MSD have a direct plug and play setup? Or would I still have to cut and splice like most every other application Ive done?
Thanks,
Don

·
Strictly Domestic
2,865 Posts
Yes... MSD makes a harness that goes inline between the coil and coil connector. Has 4 leads coming out for the MSD ignition box. Took me 10 minutes to install my MSD Digital 6 plus

·
Horsepower Fiend
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to know. Now I can go order that too. Thanks

·
Horsepower Fiend
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just have to wait til tomorrow and go to the shop and put one on will call. Although I doubt they will have the harness in stock. But at least I know I dont have to splice.

·
Got Mud???
161 Posts
Is that digital 6 a good mod? I can't make up my mind on what I wanna do next

·
Strictly Domestic
2,865 Posts
Well you wont notice any power increase, but it will be alot smoother at higher RPM and better throttle response.

·
Horsepower Fiend
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah the throttle response will be much better. Also it will start so much quicker. ALmost feels like when you put the key in the ignition.

·
Road Race/Auto X S10
3,828 Posts
I'm running the 6A and I forgot but I bought a harness too something like 8877 or sumthing. Total install took less than 45mins. Very easy and quick mod, and its on the lower price range on mod lists.

·
Horsepower Fiend
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have been sort of leaning towards the digital 6 since I am running Nitrous it will retard the timing a little.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts