S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lookin at the gap between the two has anyone tired to close the gap? Moving the bed mounts a bit should do it. Just wondering if anyone has pics?

Thnaks
 

·
sold the dime :(
Joined
·
4,586 Posts
cant scoot bed! **** up the back wheels!

u cant weld the gap! then it will split eventually! unless your show only! it will crack eventually!
yes, its been done! no it wont last!
 

·
awd equipped
Joined
·
3,013 Posts
ive heard that some move have actually moved the cab back some. but im not too sure as how safe or recommended that would be.
 

·
S-Clusive's Jester
Joined
·
3,085 Posts
if you do it right a unibody wont crack and if it does you probably deserve it. you just need to get softer mounts for the cab and bed. you can just slide the cab back a half inch and the rear forward a half inch and it should be pretty close, a half inch wont matter much for wheel space.
 

·
S-Clusive's Jester
Joined
·
3,085 Posts
on a side note theres a unibody that been running around here for a couple years and our roads are shitty. looks the same as it always has.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,660 Posts
hit a good hole or some thing enjoy the dent in the back of the cab.
 

·
drunk and bored
Joined
·
31,626 Posts
TruStinger said:
if you do it right a unibody wont crack and if it does you probably deserve it. you just need to get softer mounts for the cab and bed. you can just slide the cab back a half inch and the rear forward a half inch and it should be pretty close, a half inch wont matter much for wheel space.
my '98 s-10 has a full frame,didn't know they made unibodies,also i don't have 'mounts' for my bed,it bolts directly to the frame.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,642 Posts
they don't make unibodies, but what we call UNIBODY, is welding a piece of metal on the bed and cab, to shave the gap. Hence making it a unibody.
 

·
gumby green
Joined
·
3,478 Posts
usually when people body drop they'll move the horns back a certain distance, and then the front and rear cab mounts the same distance doing two things, centering the front wheel in the front fender and closing the bed gap a little. i've see it done a couple times. its hard to do if you don't intend on body dropping
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I can adjust my four link to move the wheels to the center of the openings after I move the bed. I just talking about moving it aoubt 3/4 of an inch forward.
 

·
drunk and bored
Joined
·
31,626 Posts
96dragginSdime said:
too many know it alls on here....
considering i've been in the autobody trade longer than you've been alive,maybe i know a bit more than you.:p i may not be hip with the slang on this forum but i am hip with REAL unibodies.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,176 Posts
painttoad said:
considering i've been in the autobody trade longer than you've been alive,maybe i know a bit more than you.:p i may not be hip with the slang on this forum but i am hip with REAL unibodies.

damn know-it-alls. do you have a better name for a truck with the bed and the cab joined? cause ford called it a unibody too
.:sheep:

 

·
S-Clusive's Jester
Joined
·
3,085 Posts
bagged85 said:
hit a good hole or some thing enjoy the dent in the back of the cab.
dude what?? if you hit any good size hole and ur bed and cab flex that much you need to fix that, my bed doesnt even move even over sweet jumps. correction the bed doesnt move as much going through a corner but not enough to break a weld. if you suck that bad at welding you should kill yourself.
 

·
S-Clusive's Jester
Joined
·
3,085 Posts
painttoad said:
my '98 s-10 has a full frame,didn't know they made unibodies,also i don't have 'mounts' for my bed,it bolts directly to the frame.
exactly. you need to add mounts similar to that of the cab so they move around as equal as possible.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
812 Posts
bagged85 said:
hit a good hole or some thing enjoy the dent in the back of the cab.
That's what I was thinking....I mean just watch your bed in the side mirror while driving, it moves a lot and if it was closer than the factory mounts allow I think it would hit the cab sooner or later
 

·
Some Day
Joined
·
5,605 Posts
I wasnt only talking to you painttoad, but ya since the cab is mounted on the frame solid and the cab is on rubber bushings dont you think its the cab moving not the bed
 

·
drunk and bored
Joined
·
31,626 Posts
96dragginSdime said:
I wasnt only talking to you painttoad, but ya since the cab is mounted on the frame solid and the cab is on rubber bushings dont you think its the cab moving not the bed
bed is mounted solid,i know the cab is what moves.

did that ford have a full frame?
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Top