S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im movin to north carolina from michigan in 3 weeks...And finally livin on my own. I have making lists and such..But i figured i would ask you guys, What are some things that you would bring that you wouldnt think about bringing? Thanks!

·
Better post-em.
11,303 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
tools, its one of the most overlooked things people think about when moving. Additionally ,Furniture gliders for your heavy stuff. Can pick em up at walmart,etc. But to move couchs,etc around, they can be nice to have.

Vonrak

·
Better post-em.
11,303 Posts
yes, remember the screws (and where you put em) to anything you have to disassemble. also the tools to put em back together!
a dolly/hand cart to move heavy crap or just multiple boxes at once.

leave like medications/contacts/toothbrush stuff on top or throw up in he cab so you have em right on top if ya need em/dont get everything unpacked in one day...

garbage bags for said moving boxes...

·
umm...
1,925 Posts
If you need a enough boose to get you to 21 let me know! haha

good luck mang! Make sure to alert the gang and we can have one big whorah before u go

·
2.2 Auto FTW
2,957 Posts
be careful not to get ****ed if youre renting, im going through some massive bullshit right now and its my first time on my own, ive learned a lot, the hard way. be careful man and good luck

·
iFail
10,840 Posts
what part you moving to? don't forget dishes, eating off paper plates sucks for awhile :haha:

·
Better post-em.
11,303 Posts
oh yes and dont be ashamed to go to goodwill for some of that stuff, hell i picked up a brand new looking (and working) microwave for $10 that will be perfect for my dorm...

plates, silverware, etc no need to go out and buy $40 worth of that crap, fo spend $5 at goodwill and use mismatched stuff forawhile. or garage sales, lotsa that stuff there too

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
shit..... no shame....
walmart, goodwill, the dollar store, the flea market lol

no shame bro. its more money in your pocket.

if you see some nice furniture in front of someones house...
no shame.....

youd be suprised how much good shit people throw out....
tv's, furniture, plastic lawn chairs, bed rails, u name it bro.... no shame is the name of the game

·
iFail
10,840 Posts
shit..... no shame....
walmart, goodwill, the dollar store, the flea market lol

no shame bro. its more money in your pocket.

if you see some nice furniture in front of someones house...
no shame.....

youd be suprised how much good shit people throw out....
tv's, furniture, plastic lawn chairs, bed rails, u name it bro.... no shame is the name of the game

hell i picked up a surround sound stereo that way :haha:

·
Registered
752 Posts
I too am moving out the first of the month. I already brought alot of my shit to the new place. Furniture, shit to do, tools, money, mattress (dont go to goodwill on that one ;), everything else go to goodwill for. It's best if you get arrested and given community service so you can get first pick of the donations :D

·
Better post-em.
11,303 Posts
hell i picked up a surround sound stereo that way :haha:
rofl same, snagged 4 pushmowers 2 weedwhackers and a riding mower that way:rotf:

snagged a nice TV that worked for about 3 years, then found another shortly after so woohoo!:haha:

hell i kept my s-10 bench seat to use as a chair/thing to sit in and watch tv, its got build in cupholders:p

·
Hoods are overrated
12,693 Posts
shit that's about 45 minutes from me. You'll like it there, but alot of the bitches around there are super stuck up.

Their rents make $$$ workin in charlotte so they can afford to live in mooresville where the lake and race shops are.

what saved my ass moving was an appliance handtruck for moving the stove/washer/fridge etc... and my 16 foot trailer

1 - 20 of 64 Posts