S-10 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, first time poster here, i have a 1991 s10 blazer tahoe 4.3 liter with some new electrical problems. Went to drive it one evening and it was dead. The next morning when i went to jump it there was a huge rats nest in my engine compartment along with some chewed wires..... none that i found had been chewed all the way through. I covered the exposed wires and jumped it but ever since then she has been struggling to start, usually only with a jump. I tested my battery and it was only pulling about 10v. Bought a new battery... now it is performing even worse!!! Replaced my battery cable ends and bought a multimeter. Still nothing. When the car is off my battery, starter and alternator all read right atound 12.3 volts, when the ignition is in the on position it drops to about 1/2 volt. Any insight?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
Check the battery voltage with the engine running. It should be around 14V if the alternator is working. If it's not, check the small wiring harness going to the alternator for signs of rodents dining on it.
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Top