S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for the front bags i was going to mount the valves right under the door area on the outside of the frame. is that area of the frame just hollow nothing inside? cause i dont want to start drilling and hit something. thanks

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
on the outside of the frame?? so people can see them and easily jack 'em or break 'em?? I'd go for the inside or top of the frame.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is that part of the frame hollow tho so i dont hit anything when drilling into it? im not at home right now but is there open space right under the door on the inside of the frame to mount them on both sides?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DimeBag said:
why would you put em ont he outside. to bad your not in pa or id know where to get some valves
prick

i just stated in my last post to put them on the inside of the frame rail and all i want to know if the frame is allow to be ok and not hit anything to drill some self-tapping screws in to hold up valves.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
your the one talking about jacking my valves all i asked was a simple question not 'to bad your not in my area or id take your crap'

·
MiniTruckn' Bad Ass
115 Posts
Yah the frame is hollow under the door, and it is ok to mount them there. Mine were mounted there and you could barely see them before the bodydrop. Besides what poor ass bastard would have to jack air valves?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DimeBagged said:
Yah the frame is hollow under the door, and it is ok to mount them there. Mine were mounted there and you could barely see them before the bodydrop. Besides what poor ass bastard would have to jack air valves?
thanks for the reply

·
Body Draggin Member
585 Posts
I was under my truck today and wouldn't that location get awfully close to the exhaust pipe?? I was going to mount mine there, but decided against that in fear of overheating and ruining my valves.....
Chris

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
im not near my truck so i cant really look but how would you mount the valves on top of the frame if you cant get up there to drill from the top of it

·
NuLowz Customs
739 Posts
put them on the side without the exhaust close to it?:dunno: or maybe try putting them up in the bumper man just my $0.02

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Zip ties or self tapping screws :D

I have one of those extensions that you put on a drill or screw driver that is all twisty turvy and you can use it to reach around corners and shit.... works easy fo me :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
I welded pipe unions on the inside of the frame under the driver side floorboard. Then just tightened the valves up and lines and that was it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts