S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you mount a PS2 up on end so the door opens straight up? Will this hurt it at all? Will it play right?

·
Official Canadian Asshole
878 Posts
i dont see how there would be any problem with it...it has the thingy so it holds the disc in when its on its side...but itsnt the fan in the back? that might block it off and cause it to over heat...if hes talking about what ChadsGT is talking about

·
True Ambition
3,527 Posts
Any angle other than flat or vertical (as in the booklet) would not work for me ...it would not read the disk 9 times out of 10

·
Truck is toast :-/
2,949 Posts
once the drive head comes up you wouldn't have to worry about it slipping, but i would not be changeing disks while its in that position. there is also a problem w/ the laser head. its on rails that allow it to slide front to back (which allows it to track through a cd/dvd), and if you mounted it so gravity can change the load on the motors, well there's a very fine tolerance so i'd assume that you may have read issues in that position and it will *definitely* be more prone to skipping from vibration/people walking close to it/farts/etc.

·
Wyotech = October
1,356 Posts
i dont think it would stay in the tray.. and it would slide into the ps2 and never be found agian..

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
MoNkEyZQ8 said:
i dont think it would stay in the tray.. and it would slide into the ps2 and never be found agian..
wrong... look at the tray it has as little clip for the cd. to hold it in the tray. just ike cd roms on your computer they are able to be mounted either way

·
Wyotech = October
1,356 Posts

I wonder if he means mouting it like this.. (I know that would work)..

Or mounted on the back, so the droor would open vertically also..

Some people may be confused as to which vertical..

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
MoNkEyZQ8 said:

I wonder if he means mouting it like this.. (I know that would work)..

Or mounted on the back, so the droor would open vertically also..

Some people may be confused as to which vertical..
im hoping this is what he is meaning

·
Truck is toast :-/
2,949 Posts
you'd have a hard time losing a disk in a ps2, even if the spindle missed grabbing it. it is a sealed dvd enclosure, like a regular computer drive, except the casing is plastic.

http://www.s10forum.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album219&id=aav&op=modload&name=Members_Gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

you can see it here in my second ps2 that i'm ****ing around with.

as for leaning it on its back, no no and no. it would mess w/ the optics and let the head jitter around more than it needs to, it would block off the fan vent (it needs it, trust me) and your power/video out cords go back there, so you'd need at least 4 inches if not more to allow for the cables to bend, any sharper and you'd be stressing the internal connector. the a/v connector is held onto the main logic board by the grace of god and not much more, *very* weak solders.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts