S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
B4U Task Force Admin
25,253 Posts
I remember seeing this article. That's the reason I bought mine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Had one but mine was black . . . . . .

Fun truck !

·
Registered
72 Posts
cool find! anyone know if all the rear bumpers on the 94's look like the ones in the pics? more specifically, were all the corners pointed like that? Or were there just different options?

·
B4U Task Force Admin
25,253 Posts
That was the shape firm 94-97. The only option was the bumper delete option...aka roll pan.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you removed the end caps for
the bumper you were left with two
holes per side not tooo good to look at.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
25,253 Posts
No I didn't know that. I didn't want to jump on the first model year when they came out. I was working at the PDX ramp at the time and figured I'd wait a couple of years. I really wanted a white one, but there were none in the state at that time.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
25,253 Posts
No...if it came with the roll pan the bed had no holes in it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
ah...thats what I was originally wondering. If there was options for different things. I see your other post up there now. I didnt get a notification on that post for some reason. thanks,

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The step bumper was required in some states. It says in the article the bumper actually added $55 to the price.

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Seems reasonable to me, this was the highest hp non-turbo 4.3L ever produced in an s-series. The 96 and later trucks were a little bit slower since they were down on hp but still in the 8 second range. On a 1998 Motor Trend episode an SS did 0-60 in 8.1 seconds, and an ext cab ZQ8 truck did it in 8.9.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts