S-10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 extended cab sls 4.3l sonoma 2wd. Im just curious if anyone knows what 4.3l motor(i.e. vehicle year, make, or model) would be the most direct fit. Looking to do it myself just not sure what variation of the motor would be closest. Thx

·
Been there Done it
12,457 Posts
I have a 2000 extended cab sls 4.3l sonoma 2wd. Im just curious if anyone knows what 4.3l motor(i.e. vehicle year, make, or model) would be the most direct fit.
The most direct fit would be a motor out of a "2000 extended cab sls 4.3l sonoma 2wd".
Any 96 to 04 4.3 out of a S-series will work. But you'll have to change a few things depending on the year and if it came from a 4wd or not.
Sensors change continually and the bolts went metric around 00-01. Secondary air was added in 99 and EGR was discontinued around 02. Nothing that can't be dealt with, but if you're looking for a plug and play same year and model is best.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The most direct fit would be a motor out of a "2000 extended cab sls 4.3l sonoma 2wd".
Any 96 to 04 4.3 out of a S-series will work. But you'll have to change a few things depending on the year and if it came from a 4wd or not.
Sensors change continually and the bolts went metric around 00-01. Secondary air was added in 99 and EGR was discontinued around 02. Nothing that can't be dealt with, but if you're looking for a plug and play same year and model is best.
I figure as much but i wanted to be 100% before pulling motor appreciate it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts