S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided that I'm going to bite the bullet and put a V8 in my truck. My question is were in the world do you get motor mounts for a 4.3? Every set I see is for a 2.8 swap. Will my stock mounts work?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hadley Hellhound said:
I have decided that I'm going to bite the bullet and put a V8 in my truck. My question is were in the world do you get motor mounts for a 4.3? Every set I see is for a 2.8 swap. Will my stock mounts work?
I suggest you bite the bullet some more man. I was in you position with my 89 and found that most of the conversion engine mounts utilize the 2.8 "clamshell" mounts. My advice is to go down to the local autozone and tell them you need some 2.8 mounts. They aren't that expensive and will make your life easier in the long run when you're able to adjust the position of you engine with the conversion engine mounts.

Stef

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
Hold up a second

Trans Dapt also makes mounts to use the stock 4.3 mounts. I cant remember what the part number is, but they have em. We sell em at work, but nobody has ever gotten those. They all get the 2.8 style.

·
pimpslappin midgets
52 Posts
i just bought the mounts at me local advanced auto and they was 12.99

1 - 5 of 5 Posts