S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have a 4.3 tbi in my 94 s10 and i drove my truck out to my buddies house and it was running fine then 2 days later i go out to get it and the motor wont turn over... it trys to move but it seems like sumthings holding it back... i checked the starter and battery... i even loosened the belt and all the pullies spin freely except the bottom one and i tryed with a wrench and it still wont move... i donno if the tranny is locked up or stuck in drive or what but i manually put the tranny in park and it still wont work...

what do sum of u guys think it is..any ideas?

·
no longer has a 95
1,883 Posts
I would highly doubt that its locked up if its only been sitting for 2 days

check for seized accessories. Take the serp belt off and see if it starts. If it does, its one of your accessories. My old 2.8 did that when the alt seized up. The funny thing was I could turn the pully with my hand but the engine couldnt. I dont know how it worked, but I slapped a new alt on it and it was good as new.

·
Registered
285 Posts
My old 2.8 did that when the alt seized up. The funny thing was I could turn the pully with my hand but the engine couldnt. I dont know how it worked, but I slapped a new alt on it and it was good as new.
That's crazy!!! I could see it though on a 2.8 lol.

·
goin broke but n style
12,942 Posts
pull the plugs to see if it might be hydrolocked. After removing the plugs see if you can turn ot over by hand, not the starter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pull the plugs to see if it might be hydrolocked. After removing the plugs see if you can turn ot over by hand, not the starter.

hey guys thanks for ur help i did find the problem its hydrolocked.. i blew a head gasget and antifreeze got into one of the cylinders... so im fixing it as we speak...lata

1 - 5 of 5 Posts