3700+ San dieago core, 1mb L2 cache
nVidia 6800GT
ASUS A8N-SLI delux

·
Xtremely Unique Mod
20,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2dxtreme said:
hey man post up about that 64 bit processor when u get it installed i want to see if its worth it

what do you want and i'll post lol

·
Unregistered User
3,591 Posts
They KICK ASS!!

I built a amd 64 2800+ for my friend for $250 & using some of the other parts from
his computer. It ****in blows my 3.0ghz p4 out of the water!!!!!
Couldnt ****in believe it, has less ram, smaller L2cache, slower fsb, didnt even
take use of dual channel setup.

Well it was probably because there was so much shit on my computer also
(just formatted 2 days ago,100times better), but still they are ****ing awsome.

Cant beat it, especially for the price of amd shit. Wish I had an excuse to build one....
and someone to buy my setup. lol

dont hesitate to get one.

·
Xtremely Unique Mod
20,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
johnpsu said:
They KICK ASS!!

I built a amd 64 2800+ for my friend for $250 & using some of the other parts from
his computer. It ****in blows my 3.0ghz p4 out of the water!!!!!
Couldnt ****in believe it, has less ram, smaller L2cache, slower fsb, didnt even
take use of dual channel setup.

Well it was probably because there was so much shit on my computer also
(just formatted 2 days ago,100times better), but still they are ****ing awsome.

Cant beat it, especially for the price of amd shit. Wish I had an excuse to build one....
and someone to buy my setup. lol

dont hesitate to get one.
everyone who has my processsor says its fast as hell, I am waiting to be impressed :)

jsut need my PSU

·
RUSTHOLYUM
2,792 Posts
That,is the best mobo around man...I was considering a serious upgrade..cost?
Also you seem like a guy that knows electronics...whats a decently priced 42" plasma out there with decent capabilities?

·
Audiomentry
597 Posts
I hear the XFX 6800GT OC pretty good

I'm not to crazy for the silent boost HSF. The stock HSF does pretty good through. But I would have gone with a Thermalright xp-90C if the budget is right.

Any A64 is worth it compared to my P4 2.6 and XP2500+. It freaking loads WINXP in half the time! A lot more stable with XP too.

·
Xtremely Unique Mod
20,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
silkysmooth said:
That,is the best mobo around man...I was considering a serious upgrade..cost?
Also you seem like a guy that knows electronics...whats a decently priced 42" plasma out there with decent capabilities?
with the plasma your gonna wanna watch prices at stores, i''ve been doing that for about 6 months now, they have been going down.

Look for a new thread later on with pictures of me building and destroying the old one, I will include detials to cost and parts inside this system in the new thread

·
Xtremely Unique Mod
20,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bg's said:
That is going to a tight setup..Only prob is it arrived at the wrong address.. ;)

thats werid lol, I was wondering where all this shit came from, i just threw it away, looked like junk :rotf: :rotf:

·
slow progress
275 Posts
64 bit processors are amazing. crazy fast for gaming and everyday tasks. even if you go with the lower speeds 2800+ etc they still perform extremely fast.

·
alone i break
4,291 Posts
pimkins said:
64 bit processors are amazing. crazy fast for gaming and everyday tasks. even if you go with the lower speeds 2800+ etc they still perform extremely fast.
ya i here you on that but i will say one thing go with the 939 socket they have done a way with the 754 socket

·
Xtremely Unique Mod
20,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Derrick71 said:
ya i here you on that but i will say one thing go with the 939 socket they have done a way with the 754 socket
I never thought i'd hear you say 939 lol :p :haha:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts