S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, I'm new to this forum and have a ton to learn, but i have been searching and reading a lot about superchargers mainly the wynjammer. I was wondering if the wynjammer can just be bolted on to my stock 99' 4.3 s-10 without having to buy an FMU, upgrade injectors, and or build the tranny/rearend to handle the HP increase. Also besides a turbo and other superchargers what would maybe give my truck the same amount of HP increase for the same price or much less? Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
hi there and welcome.

I think a string of bolt ons, a good cam, and a tune could bring you to about what the wynjammer will do on a plain jane engine. IMHO

Al Martin seems like a very helpfull person and could defintely talk you into getting his product, but be patient he sure can talk up a storm.

Other kits/ ways to go
-Vortech kit (discontinued)
-Powerdyne kit (discontinued)
-Mach Performance kit (company is out of business)
-Wynjammer kit (the only show in "town")
-Custom Turbo (lots of skill and parts selection)

Bottom line: It will be an adventure.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you say a string of bolt ons, what do you mean... what parts?

·
i need a paint job
3,680 Posts
i dont think bolt ons and a cam will get you where the wynjammer will take you. i made 239whp with a mostly stock engine and the jammer. with bolt ons and a cam making 200 would be a good guess if its tuned. a wynjammer with the upgraded injectors, which is strongly suggested will easily put down 230+ to the rear wheels.

its easier too, you can find a used kit for 1500 bucks or so and get the spider injectors for andother 450, so for around 2k you can pick up quite a bit.

best thing you can do is make sure your truck is ready for it first though. change fluids, plugs to a colder heat range, wires, cap and rotor, and a wideband would be a good idea as would a shift kit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see, thank you. what would be the cost of the bolt ons and the cam? without the shiftkit how would the transmission do? and ya i have been trying my hardest to get all this info. thank you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts