S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had the exaust done now I'm thinking of adding headers. Does anyone know wnat kinda gains i can expect from them and who makes the best out there. I just want to add some power to the truck- Im kinda skeptical about chips, and i wanted to get a K&N FIPK and throttle body spacer but i herd they wont fit together- so i guess what can i get for $200 - $300 to get it going a little faster

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
the Tb spacer is worthless, but the K&N would be a good investemt of money. putting headers on w/o a CAI, or at least a better than stock air intake, isnt going ot be nearly as effective as doing both.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks- know how much installation on a set of headers might be, i dont think I'm up to doing it myself, dont have the time-

·
TURBOS SUCK
765 Posts
Most everyone installs JBA's or Edelbrock's which come with the Y-
pipe.They take about 8 hours to install and it's best to remove the
inner fenderwells for better access.PEACE>Tony

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
obrien said:
you could always check out machs headers
That's if you have an extra $850 lying around!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks- looks like its just too expensive, a little too much on an 18 year old's budget but is it worth it? I am probably getting a new Z71 tahoe this spring so I am not sure if i will be keeping the S-10 or not(but i want to!)

·
Registered
179 Posts
If i could i would have got the power pulleys rather then the tb spacer. I did not notice anything with the TB spacer. I think the only reason why i got the TB spacer was becasue it was on sale.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts